Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 1 year, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
April 9, 2019 at 10:21 pm

timoB-13

The problem is that when i open the site on the mobile, the language flags overlap the logo in the header, the theme we are working with is enfold

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
mysauria.com (seen on mobile)

I expected to see:
only the burger menu and the search glass, flags should be inside burger menu

Instead, I got:

April 9, 2019 at 10:37 pm #3571085

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

The solution here is to activate the menu language switcher was was disabled, as this one will be integrated into the hamburger in mobile view.

The only language switcher activated in the options is the Widget language switcher which you should customize in order to not show the flags on the menu anymore.

Kind regards
Andreas

April 9, 2019 at 11:00 pm #3571143

timoB-13

Hi Andreas, thanks for your help, but the problem still persists. I don't know how to customize the widget language switcher if you could just help us that the site looks the same on the mobile as on the computer

April 10, 2019 at 3:55 pm #3578227

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

The Enfold Theme has its own language switcher settings which for our settings do not apply on the language selector of the theme.

I was able to disable the theme´s language switcher by applying the following function to your theme´s functions.php file.

function avia_remove_main_menu_flags(){
remove_filter( 'wp_nav_menu_items', 'avia_append_lang_flags', 9998, 2 );
remove_filter( 'avf_fallback_menu_items', 'avia_append_lang_flags', 9998, 2 );
remove_action( 'avia_meta_header', 'avia_wpml_language_switch', 10);
}
add_action('after_setup_theme','avia_remove_main_menu_flags');

You can revise the changes by going to Appearance -> Theme Editor -> funtions.php.

Kind regards
Andreas