This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
April 16, 2019 at 4:52 pm #3624143

hlaingM

The language I want to translate into (Burmese/Myanmar) does not exist. So I am trying to add a new language by following the instructions in the link below. However, it appears that some of the components seem to be missing.

https://wpml.org/documentation/support/editing-wpmls-languages-table/

April 16, 2019 at 5:06 pm #3624225

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. WPML allows you to set up your own custom languages, please go to WPML >> Languages > Edit languages and from there you can set up your own custom language for Burmese.

Please review the following documentation from WP for the correct default locale i believe it's my_MM: https://make.wordpress.org/polyglots/teams/

Please let me know if this resolves your issue or you need further assistance.

Thank you

April 16, 2019 at 6:04 pm #3624369

hlaingM

Hi, I followed the instructions in the links and got several errors shown above while configuring the first time. I cannot proceed because of those errors.

Warning: class_implements(): Class WPML_Absolute_Url_Persisted_Filters_Factory does not exist and could not be loaded in /home/myanma23/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/action-filter-loader/class-wpml-action-filter-loader.php on line 34

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/myanma23/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/action-filter-loader/class-wpml-action-filter-loader.php:34) in /home/myanma23/public_html/wp-admin/includes/misc.php on line 1198

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/myanma23/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/action-filter-loader/class-wpml-action-filter-loader.php:34) in /home/myanma23/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1251

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/myanma23/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/action-filter-loader/class-wpml-action-filter-loader.php:34) in /home/myanma23/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1254

April 17, 2019 at 7:48 am #3627999

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

=== Please backup your database and website ===

- If you have just installed plugin and configuring WPML first time on this site and do not have any translated data yet then you can fix this issue by removing WPML and all its data completely from database, To do so, please go to WPML >> Support >> Troubleshooting (the link is at the bottom of the support page). >> There, click on “Reset and deactivate WPML” >> then Delete the plugin.

- After deleting all data and WPML related plugins then please install WPML plugins again and I hope now you will not face any issue.

This issue usually happens due to some corruption in the database, if you are installing WPML first time in this site and you see some database tables starting with icl_ even after reset, please also delete those tables and try reinstalling WPML.

Thank you

April 17, 2019 at 11:56 am #3630395

hlaingM

Could you please elaborate what " some database tables starting with icl_ " is? Thank you.

April 17, 2019 at 3:14 pm #3632245

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

When we install WPML plugin it creates database tables with ‘ICL’ prefix and when we reset, it remove all database tables that WPML creates.

But in very rare cases when we press reset button it doesn't delete all WPML related tables, that's why I asked you to remove it if it still exists.

You can check it from phpmyadmin or by installing ARI Adminer plugin as you can see in attached screenshot.

Thank you

April 17, 2019 at 3:50 pm #3632439

hlaingM

Thank you for your explanation.

I see in the support section of WPML dashboard.
Under the wordpress, "Memory limit 40M A memory limit of at least 128MB is required."

40M is highlighted in red. Does/can it pose an issue?

April 18, 2019 at 8:56 am #3637479

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

It should be at least 128 or above to work WPML perfectly, it depends how many plugins you are using in your site. You can increase your site memory by adding this code to the top of wp-config.php:

/* WP Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

You can see minimum requirements here:
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

Could you please let me know are you able to add new language now or still facing issues?

Thank you

April 18, 2019 at 4:45 pm #3640885

hlaingM

Yes, I am now able to add a new language. Thank you very much.

April 18, 2019 at 5:13 pm #3641065

hlaingM

Hi, I just encountered an error message after adding your codes and the codes to add site-key. I am attaching the image of the php code. Could you please kindly help me with the issue? Thank you.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '&' in /home/myanma23/public_html/wp-config.php on line 24

April 18, 2019 at 5:51 pm #3641353

Noman
Supporter

1. Does the error shown after adding only the memory code?

2. OR the error appears after adding this site key related code? You can remove it to test:
define( 'OTGS_INSTALLER_SITE_KEY_WPML', 'your-site-key' );

3. If the error appears only due to the site key related code then please make sure you have correctly replaced your site key in this code (from your WPML >> Account >> Sites section).
And try to move both these codes slightly below in the wp-config.php file and see if it helps.

If the error still exists after trying above methods. Please create a new ticket since its a separate issue and one of our team members will help you out, we handle one issue per ticket as a support policy (also I am leaving the work for the weekend, Friday and Saturday).

Thank you so much for your cooperation and understanding.

April 19, 2019 at 9:16 am #3644379
hlaingM

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. That error message seems to have gone away.

But, I just noticed another set of error messages on the Front-End (attached). Could you please help me with that? Thank you.

New threads created by Noman and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/error-messages-on-the-front-end/

April 21, 2019 at 11:20 am #3652265

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

Glad to see you have successfully added Burmese/Myanmar language in your site. To handle new issue, I have created a new ticket since this is a separate issue. Here is the link to the new ticket: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/error-messages-on-the-front-end/

You may mark this current ticket as resolved and we will continue to work on the new ticket.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

April 22, 2019 at 4:07 am #3653881

hlaingM

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

April 22, 2019 at 8:30 am #3654549

Noman
Supporter

[ Ticket status updated ]