This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Rajeeb Banstola 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Rajeeb Banstola.

Author Posts
June 18, 2019 at 9:55 pm #4046681

eddieV-2

The language menu is not functioning. It displays English (the default language), but will not allow the selection of Spanish. The dropdown menu does not work.

June 18, 2019 at 10:30 pm #4046743

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML!

The link you provided is throwing "The site is experiencing technical difficulties." error. Please let me know once the issue is fixed so that I can check the issue with language switcher.

June 19, 2019 at 12:02 am #4046825

eddieV-2

The site is up. I've had to deactivate everything. After I upgraded the PHP to 7, it keeps crashing my site. I am getting very skittish and don't know if I want to use it.

June 19, 2019 at 12:08 am #4046839

eddieV-2

Give me a moment. I want to delete them and reinstall them fresh, to see if a configuration I made caused the problem.

June 19, 2019 at 12:14 am #4046841

eddieV-2

When I activate sitepress (the core plugin) I can no longer see my dashboard and the same issue as before is there.

June 19, 2019 at 2:06 am #4047027

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

I'm very sorry to hear about your experience and I understand your frustation.

Can you please try disabling plugins other than WPML and see if the issue is still there?

Also, switch to a default theme like TwentyNineeteen and see if that fixes the issue?

Regarding the language switcher, can you please confirm that your pages are 100% translated to another language? The language switcher for another language won't be visible on the front-end unless the page is fully translated.

The topic ‘[Closed] The language menu won't drop down so that Spanish could be selected.’ is closed to new replies.