This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
September 24, 2019 at 5:00 am #4628013

amenehm-2

I am trying to: Have the subscription, welcome, activation, and "change profile" messages to appear as the same language as the one on the site. So I want to be able to subscribe from the English site and expect to see the following messages to be in English, but I receive them in Farsi. The same thing occurs for the Farsi site, the languages is switched to English upon subscription

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link

I expected to see: After changing the specific language on the top bar of the wordpress dashboard, I customized the messages accordingly and expected the messages that are sent, after subscribing to the english or farsi site, to be the same as its origin.

Instead, I got: Upon subscribing, activating, etc., messages would be in in another language. Our website is english/persian, but for some reason, the messages would get mixed up together. We reset the settings, which initially worked, but then again the site reverted to mixing up the languages. Even the email confirmation appears in the opposite language.

September 24, 2019 at 6:55 pm #4633675

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

Those strings are translated with our plugin String Translation. Please go to WPML -> String Translation and search for the strings. It is very likely that the default string is assigned to the wrong language.

Once you located the string mark its checkbox and scroll to the bottom of the String Translation´s strings box. Here you should see the option "change default language of selected string" and be able to take the respective changes.

More information here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#original-language-of-strings

I hope this will solve the issue. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards
Andreas

September 25, 2019 at 11:28 pm #4642293

amenehm-2

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for the response. However, be it that I am a complete novice in the world of coding and wordpress, I am confused as to how the strings are linked to the messages.

I went my wordpress dashboard> wpml> string translation. Then I found 14 strings related to the newsletter (I have attached an image of it). Now none of the strings have to do with the messages that appear when a welcome letter or confirmation email is sent when the subscribe button is hit. So my question is, where are the strings for those specific messages I had entered under the newsletter settings tab, so I can check the default language for them?

Here is the link to by strings page.
hidden link

Thank you for your help!

September 26, 2019 at 2:17 pm #4647597

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the message.

Some plugin options may need to be added from the option "translate text in admin screens" which is translated at the bottom of the String Translation´s strings box.

Here you will find a complete list of all language domains and you will need to locate the respective domain for the plugin. This domain should include the strings for the message.

Once you located the string mark its checkbox and scroll to the bottom of the page to apply the changes. The string should now be translatable on String Translation.

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#admin_texts

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Kind regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] The language of the subscription messages are reversed on my multilingual site.’ is closed to new replies.