This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by xavierT-9 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
August 27, 2019 at 1:44 pm #4467381

xavierT-9

Hello,

I just installed the plugin, In the installation I have selected Spanish as the default language and Catalan as a second language. But in the menu I only see the default language, attached screenshot.

I have put it as a drop-down, but when you hover the mouse over the language selector it does not display.

Please tell me how I can do so that the language selector appears correctly in the menu

Thanks

August 27, 2019 at 2:09 pm #4467563

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

By default, the language switcher will only show the languages for which the content you are viewing exists. This means that if you have not realised any translations, the only language you will see in the selector, by default, will be Spanish.

You can change the behaviour of this by modifying the language switcher options as shown in the image attached.

WPML > Languages > Language Switcher Options > How to handle languages without translations

If you do not have any translations to transition to, you can make the resulting behaviour of switching the language of a non-translated page to be to jump to the home page of the target language.

I hope this answers your question.

August 27, 2019 at 2:31 pm #4467685

xavierT-9

Hello Yvette,

I have already activated the option you say and now the drop-down appears, but I see broken html code. I attached a screenshot.

Regards

August 28, 2019 at 8:47 am #4472501

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I am not able to see the frontend of your site to take a closer look at this since all the pages are protected.

Temporary Access to your system
Please provide access to your system (wp-admin and ftp) so that I can further investigate this particular problem. The fields to provide this data are included in a private section that I will open for your next response. You can find it above the comments area. The information in this private section is only visible between WPML Support and you.

Thanks

August 29, 2019 at 10:44 am #4480299

xavierT-9

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!