This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Riffaz 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
September 25, 2018 at 1:32 pm #2763988

Ryan

Tell us what you are trying to do? Get the language switcher to display on the search page.

Is there any documentation that you are following? No.

Is there a similar example that we can see? hidden link

What is the link to your site? hidden link

September 26, 2018 at 7:39 am #2766194

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting support forum.

I see the language switcher in your search page: hidden link
Are you asking about the switcher in some other places?
If no, please hard clear your browser cache and check or check it in incognito mode.

Let us know.

Regards,
Riffaz.

September 26, 2018 at 11:41 am #2766980

Ryan

Hi Riffaz,
If you enter something in the search field and click "Search" the language switcher does display. However if you don't enter anything and click "Search" the language switcher doesn't display. I know it wouldn't be very often someone would do that. But in the odd case that would happen, I would like to have the language switcher displayed and if it's clicked on, they would be directed to the home page of the language they clicked on. That's how it is set-up on all the other pages/posts when there isn't a version of the page you are on that is translated. Hopefully that helps.

September 26, 2018 at 2:23 pm #2767675

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Normally when you do not have anything on the search field and hit the search button you should get a list of posts page and it should have the language switcher in WordPress.
Ex: hidden link
(this site is nit multilingual but I am showing this to s)
but in your site it goes to some other page which not a default WordPress behavior.
Please switch the theme to a default theme like 'twenty seventeen' and check.
if that does not help please deactivate all the third party plugins and check.

It does not seem WPML related issue. it seems like some of your theme settings or plugins changed the default WordPress behavior.

Regards,

The topic ‘[Closed] The Language Switcher is Not Displaying on the Search Page’ is closed to new replies.