This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by sacoC 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Rajeeb Banstola.

Author Posts
July 9, 2019 at 8:59 pm #4174383

sacoC

I am trying to:
show the dropdown menu on a mobile device. It works perfectly on a PC or Mac but when I go to the site on a mobile device the current language will show but not the dropdown menu. I have included a screenshot of how it looks on my mobile device.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

Saco-communications.com

July 9, 2019 at 10:01 pm #4174561

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML!

I see that the language switcher you have is added directly to the menu. The dropdown works on PC because it shows up on "hover" whereas hover action is not available in mobile devices.

If you are adding the language switcher to the widget area, we have a option called dropdown click which works on both desktop and mobile devices. I've attached a screenshot for this.

However, since the menu is controlled by your theme, we can't modify it's behavior.

So, I suggest you to check-in with your theme author to see if there's any way to show the dropdown menu items with click on mobile menu.

Best,

July 10, 2019 at 2:22 pm #4181349

sacoC

Hi! I added the language switcher to the widget area ( with the dropdown click) but now that one or the hover dropdown menu will not work on the pc or desktop.

July 10, 2019 at 2:48 pm #4181575

sacoC

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!