This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by deuxparquatre 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
June 18, 2019 at 8:08 am #4041185

deuxparquatre

Hi guys! I don't know where post this problem, sorry if I'm wrong.

First, sorry for my bad english.

If you look at the picture, am I the only one with this problem?

Thank you and have a nice day!

Sam

June 18, 2019 at 8:26 am #4041345

Amit
Supporter

Hi there,

I have looked at your debug information and I think I can see what is causing this - your server is running on a quite old PHP version and it's actually below the minimum requirements for WPML (and WordPress for that matter). Please see this - https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

What you need to do is contact your hosting provider and ask them to upgrade your PHP installed version.

I hope that helps!
Amit

June 18, 2019 at 8:51 am #4041495

deuxparquatre

Hi Amit, thank u for your fast come back!

I'm using php 7.2.X on a local wamp server. It is true that WPML recommends using php 7.3, but the actual minimum required is php 5.6, so I do not think that's what's causing the problem. In fact, in writing this, I'm going to test by turning my version to 7.3, but still the same.

Thanks.
Sam

June 18, 2019 at 4:49 pm #4045397

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

if possible please provide me with some more information regarding the issue you are experiencing when updating WPML.

i have test upgrading from the previous version to our latest and it worked as expected on my staging environment.

If possible please remove the old version of WPML as there should only be one version. Ideally i would remove both the new and old and re install using a fresh version from our downloads section manually

https://wpml.org/downloads/

to do a manual update please follow these steps:

1. Backup your database – see for example: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-db-backup/

2. Deactivate the existing WPML plugin and add-ons.

3. Delete the plugin files – this does not delete your translations. You will simply delete the plugin files from you "wp-content/plugins" folder NOT the database records.

4. Download the updated plugins from our servers and upload them to the plugin directory.

5. Activate the WPML plugin and add-ons.

June 20, 2019 at 9:02 am #4057831

deuxparquatre

Hi Bobby,

I deleted all the installations and reinstalled the new version, but still the same problem. I have no error when I activate the new installation, same thing with my problem mentioned above.

But is it normal to see note release: 3.9.X and no 4.2.X?

Also, just say that I have this problem with all the sites of my clients >> For all clients when update is finish, they had a duplicate of WPML with an error..

Have a nice day !

June 20, 2019 at 4:37 pm #4061711

Bobby
Supporter

Hi There,

you are currently not having any error with activating the new version of WPML correct ?

do you still have a duplicate of the plugin showing ? Even after deleting both plugins from your installation and installing a fresh version ? Sometimes a plugin might need to be removed manually from within the wp-content/plugins folder using FTP

The link to the note release: should be to 4.2.7.1 i will update our developers regarding this , but it should not cause any problems with the way the plugin works

at the meantime you can access the release notes here => https://wpml.org/version/wpml-4-2-7-1/

June 20, 2019 at 5:25 pm #4062019

deuxparquatre

Hi Boddy,

You are right: when I install the new version if I have no WPML installation I don't have an error. I have only an error when I update 4.2.6 to 4.2.7. (After update I have a red flag and I need to desactivate 4.2.6 and activate 4.2.7. And remove the old version.)

So no, I don't have a duplicate after deleting both plugins and install new version, but I have a duplicate after the update. (At the same time, I'm not sure I understood your question haha! Have I answered correctly?)

EDIT: I think it's because there's a bounce in the versions. When your developer will update this, all this will be fixed.

Thank you!
Sam

June 20, 2019 at 7:29 pm #4062757

Bobby
Supporter

Hi Sam,

i understand and yes you definitely answered my question right 🙂

i have also updated our developer's , if at the moment you have successfully upgraded to WPML's latest version without any other issues i believe we can close this ticket ?

unless of course you would like me to take a closer look at the backend and possibly test the update myself as i have not been able to replicate this behavior so far except the release notice link issue.

June 21, 2019 at 10:00 am #4066065

deuxparquatre

Hello Bobby,

In fact, my problem is not solved. There is nothing normal for my clients when they have to contact me to update WPML.

Before closing the ticket, I need to understand if it comes from the fact that there is a mismatch between the versions or if it comes from my WordPress structure. So, I'd like to wait for an update from your developers before. Is this good for you?

Thanks!

June 26, 2019 at 1:23 pm #4092787

deuxparquatre

Hi Bobby!

So, your developer plans to do an update soon?

Thanks!

June 26, 2019 at 5:18 pm #4094313

Bobby
Supporter

If possible i would like to test your WordPress structure.

This is more of a cosmetic bug within WPML and from our developer's notes it verifies that the issue you are experiencing should not be caused by this.

if possible please provide me with access to your site where i can reproduce this issue with the update as i have not been able to reproduce this on a clean environment.

if access to your site is not possible we can either work with a duplicator package or migrate the site to our cloudways servers for further testing.

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to fix the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Thank you,
Bobby

July 3, 2019 at 12:43 am #4130673

deuxparquatre

Thanks for your help Bobby! I found the problem. In the last update, the folder plugin name sitepress-multilangual-cms change to sitepress-multilingual-cms.

Sam