Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
June 14, 2020 at 5:45 pm #6368217

Javier

Hello,
When I click on the link to go to page 2 on my blog:
hidden link

it is redirected 301 to hidden link

I asked my hosting support whom spent a long time looking at this, they concluded that the redirect is coming from WPML...

this is what I saw with my hosting support team

(09:37:08) Shannon : hidden link

(09:41:55) Shannon : It's no worries! I actually did a host file trick to avoid using cloudflare. From what I can see, It’s likely a configuration issue with WPML itself.
(09:42:24) Javier Petrement: Hmmm, interesting, let me also look into WPML settings then
(09:42:31) Shannon : Sure thing!
(09:46:05) Javier Petrement: Can't find anything suspicious on the front-end settings
(09:46:50) Shannon : It maybe a good idea to reach out to WPML plugin developers about this Javier. Im not seeing anything on our end that could be causing this issue. And doing the host file trick seems to suggest the issue is coming from the plugin
(09:47:42) Javier Petrement: OK, I will ask them to look into it then. Is there any technical info you would like me to copy/paste into my ticket with them that could enlighten them?
(09:48:37) Shannon : You could add this: curl -IL hidden link bash: fc: history specification out of range HTTP/2 301 date: Sun, 14 Jun 2020 09:13:30 GMT content-type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 set-cookie: __cfduid=d64c50c3396eea39d6eea9af7ca2104591592126010; expires=Tue, 14-Jul-20 09:13:30 GMT; path=/; domain=.imagineoutlet.com; HttpOnly; SameSite=Lax expires: Wed, 11 Jan 1984 05:00:00 GMT location: hidden link x-powered-by: WP Engine x-cacheable: non200 cache-control: max-age=600, must-revalidate x-cache: HIT: 2 x-cache-group: normal cf-cache-status: DYNAMIC cf-request-id: 0353b40d820000087369a2c200000001 expect-ct: max-age=604800, report-uri="hidden link" server: cloudflare cf-ray: 5a32ef8f3ff40873-CDG So you can show them that it is a 301 🙂
(09:49:40) Javier Petrement: I guess they will figure out the 301 🙂 butI need to show them that all suspicions point to them, how do I do that?
(09:50:00) Javier Petrement: that WPML is probably the cause?
(09:51:51) Shannon : You could tell them that a tech looked into this and did a hostfile trick to avoid cloudflare to run this out as an issue, and the issue still proceeded. I had a look at it host filed to avoid cloudflare and there isn’t anything set in terms of the ‘x-redirect-by' From the server side everything looks okay, there is no redirect rule causing an issue. The redirect plugin on the site also does not have any issues.

June 15, 2020 at 9:25 pm #6377477

Bruno

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. I noticed that you are using a redirect plugin. Have you tried to check if any redirects are being made within this plugin?

Also, please as a test, could you disable all non-WPML plugins, switch to the default theme and see if the problem persists?

If the problem is fixed, please, enable the plugins one by one to see if there is any compatibility problem between these plugins.

Thank you.

June 16, 2020 at 9:05 am #6381059

Javier

Hello, I have checked the redirection plugin, nothing is set-up to do this and please note that the host support did detect the issue was from WPML. I cannot disable/enable plugins at this time until at least next week....

June 16, 2020 at 7:32 pm #6387023

Bruno

Hello,

Normally WPML does not do this kind of redirection. Even if a page doesn't exist, it should show a page not found error, instead of doing some redirection.

Probably, if disabling WPML solves the problem (you can test it, as long as it is happening in the default language), it would most likely be due to some other factor, such as cache or some compatibility issue.

My suggestion would be to initially disable WPML and see if the problem still persists. If so, you can disable all plugins and switch to the default theme and then test again. After testing this, it will be possible to know where the redirection is being made.

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] The link to Page 2 of my blog posts in French is redirected to the homepage’ is closed to new replies.