This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The Homepage language switcher isn't working.

Solution: Please make sure "home" field is not empty in wp_options table of your site database. In 'wp_options' there is the site_url field and the home field both should contain your sites URL(in most of the cases). If you would like to give this a try you will need to access your database (using phpmyadmin most likely from your cpanel)

if you are using hosting like GoDaddy manages WordPress Hosting, where the user is unable to change the homeURL of their site you need to contact their support.

Normally this issue does not come from the WPML but from the hosting.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by thomasT-25 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
October 2, 2018 at 6:13 am #2780424

thomasT-25

The Main Page language switcher isn't work.

hidden link

While, the language switcher is ok for other pages.

Kindly help. Thanks!

October 2, 2018 at 7:20 am #2780529

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support,

This is a possible compatibility issue with some themes or 3rd part plugins.

Please review the following documentation
=>https://wpml.org/errata/menu-language-switcher-missing-front-end/

Regards,
Riffaz.

October 2, 2018 at 7:52 am #2780582

thomasT-25

The language switcher isn't missing. It do exit on the main page. But, it just not function. I can't click on it. While, there're no problems with the switcher on other pages.

Kindly check out the main page: hidden link

Thanks!

October 2, 2018 at 8:25 am #2780667

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Yes, I understand that.

Could you please check in your site database 'wp_options' table "home" field is not empty?
This will fix the issue.

In 'wp_options' there is the site_url field and the home field both should contain your sites URL.
If you would like to give this a try you will need to access your database (using phpmyadmin mostlikely from your cpanel)

May I know what is your hosting provider?

if you are using hosting like GoDaddy manages WordPress Hosting, where user is unable to change the homeURL of their site you need to contact their support.

Normally this issue does not come from the WPML but from the hosting.

+ if you are going to try this your self without hosting support make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!).

Regards,

October 2, 2018 at 8:34 am #2780689

thomasT-25

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!