This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
May 29, 2019 at 12:18 pm

Dennis van Essen

I am trying to: The Dutch Shop page shows all 4 product categories, the English shop page only 2..

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
hidden link

I expected to see:
Also 4 product categories on the English shop page

Instead, I got:
Only 2

May 29, 2019 at 10:11 pm #3918877

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. To fix the problem I followed the steps below:

- WPML > Support > Troubleshooting:
-- Clear the cache in WPML
-- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
-- Fix element_type collation
-- Set language information
-- Fix post type assignment for translations

After following these steps, the 4 categories were displayed in the secondary language.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have about it. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

May 30, 2019 at 10:25 am #3922075

Dennis van Essen

Dear Bruno,
Thank you for your swift reply.
The second language main shop page now shows the correct 4 categories.
However, the first language (Dutch) does not show the categories anymore, but a full product listing instead. You can see it here:
hidden link
Could you please advise?

May 30, 2019 at 10:33 pm #3926409

Bruno
Supporter

It seems that when the setting is made in one language it is lost in another language. Since you are using multiple plugins and two cache plugins, this may be some compatibility problem.

I've noticed that some of your plugins are outdated. Please, could you update your plugins to see if the problem persists? You can update your plugins by following the steps below:

- Click on the Plugins > Add New > Commercial (tab)
- Select the plugins and click to update them

After updating your plugins the problem persists, please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

Thank you.

May 31, 2019 at 5:47 am #3927843

Dennis van Essen

Hi Bruno,
I have done as you suggested (update the plugins). Normally the system shows automatically that plugins need updating. I did not get notification that the WPML needed updating. Has this been changed?
After updating, the first language shop page shows the correct 4 categories. However, the second language (English) now shows the full product listing again instead of the categories.
Yes, you can install the duplicator plugin to further debug.
Thank you.

June 3, 2019 at 9:11 pm #3946221

Bruno
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you. I've installed Duplicator plugin and I did a copy of your site. I will install it on my test environment and soon I will contact you.

Thank you.

June 5, 2019 at 3:12 am #3956759

Bruno
Supporter

Hello,

Just as an update, I'm in touch with the 2nd tier support so they can check. Soon I'll contact you again.

Thank you.

June 5, 2019 at 9:19 pm #3964209

Bruno
Supporter

Hello,

At the moment, when I access your site, it looks like the categories are being displayed correctly.

When I showed your site to 2nd tier support they did not see the problem being reported.

Thank you.

June 7, 2019 at 8:41 am #3974845

Dennis van Essen

Dear Bruno,

The first language shop page shows the 4 product categories correctly:
hidden link

The second language shop page shows only 1 product category:
hidden link

It is now the same as when I first reported the problem, although then it showed 2 product categories on the English shop page and now only 1..

June 7, 2019 at 9:07 pm #3979105

Bruno
Supporter

Thank you for the explanation. I already contacted 2nd tier support again so they can check. Soon we will contact you.

Thank you.

June 15, 2019 at 9:03 am #4026025

Dennis van Essen

Dear Bruno,
Could you please advise a status update? 2nd tier support has not contacted me yet..

June 21, 2019 at 2:52 pm #4067893

Bruno
Supporter

Hello,

My sincere apologies for the delay in the response of your ticket. I have already forwarded your ticket to the 2nd tier support. I am waiting for the response and as soon as I have the answer I will keep you informed.

Thank you.

July 31, 2019 at 7:51 pm #4317467

Bruno
Supporter

First, my sincere apologies for the delay. The 2nd tier support has verified the issue and this is related to how the products were added.

This looks like products have been added using only the sub-categories and not in main categories. This makes WordPress think that the category is empty and for this reason, this problem happens.

The 2nd tier support recommended that you also use the main categories, not just the sub-categories. That should fix the problem.

Thank you.