This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
May 10, 2019 at 6:28 pm #3787439

noeliaS

Hello,
In the responsive version, the languages ​​menu is displayed so fast and it is quickly re-folded so that there is no time to click on another language.

How can we do it ?

Thank you

May 10, 2019 at 6:42 pm #3787449

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Is there a way to see the issue happening? Please, provide us with your website url so we can take a further look. Thank you for your collaboration, have a nice day,

May 10, 2019 at 6:46 pm #3787455

noeliaS

hidden link

In the top menu of languages,

Thank you

May 13, 2019 at 5:05 pm #3800885

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates and sorry for the bif of waiting due the weekend. I took a closer look in your website using the chrome mobile simulator and couldn't replicate the issue (see attached screenshot). Can you please, provide me with the full steps on how to replicate your issue, maybe a quick screen record could be of help here to understand what is happening in your particular case. Thank you for your collaboration, have a nice day.

May 15, 2019 at 5:05 pm #3818991

noeliaS

Hello,

exactly in the capture you send me, when you are in the mobile version, if you click on "Español" a submenu appears with the other two languages ​​but it instantly disappears, it does not give you the option to change the language,

Thank you

May 15, 2019 at 6:27 pm #3819539

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I noticed the issue, it happens due the mobile touch nature, since it is an url to the spanish version of your website whenever you try to trigger the languages dropdown menu you end up targeting the spanish version.

Here I recommend you to try different settings for your language switicher, instead of using a dropdown of languages I suggest you to make it as a list of languages from your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Languages settings. See: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/#language-switcher.

An alternative solution should be a custom JS solution which is something beyond of our support scope. Hope it helps, have a nice day.