This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
September 25, 2019 at 10:19 pm

Filipe

I am trying to: change Current language font color

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: Click on the menu to see the language text

I expected to see: the color i choose in the menu language switcher option

Instead, I got: the same color for the Current language than the rest of the menu

September 26, 2019 at 2:07 am #4642539

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

The reason this is happening is that your theme's CSS is overwriting WPML's CSS by default.

If you examine your theme's CSS you will notice that the menu is set to black

a, p a {
    color: #000;
    text-decoration: none;
    -webkit-transition: color .2s ease-out;
    -moz-transition: color .2s ease-out;
    transition: color .2s ease-out;
}

For example, when using a default theme such as Twenty19 this option is working as expected as there is not overwriting CSS for the menu.

September 26, 2019 at 8:53 am #4644631

Filipe

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, but how can i have a different color in my Current language (identified in the attached print.) because the CSS you send me change the color of all the menu items and not onlye the text of language selector.

Thanks.

September 26, 2019 at 4:29 pm #4648887

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

The CSS I shared with you above is your theme's CSS.

this specific CSS is what overwrites WPML's CSS.

You will need to use custom CSS which at the moment is beyond our support's scope as the styling is overwritten by your theme's code.

I recommend contacting your theme support as they should be able to provide you with the CSS needed as it comes from their code.

The topic ‘[Closed] The option to select Current language font color doesn´t work’ is closed to new replies.