Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 7 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
May 1, 2019 at 2:31 pm #3718567

binT

Hi there,

The original English version layout changed after I duplicated a Chinese Version. The two pages are not synced, which is what we want. Is there an easy way for me to keep the layout the same without syncing the pages and losing the existing Chinese content? What is the best way to handle this situation?

English version - hidden link
Chinese version - hidden link

I am waiting online for your help, thanks!

Mary

May 1, 2019 at 7:06 pm #3719491

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting us. When you duplicate a page, the content becomes synchronized whenever the default language changes.

When you make this content no longer synchronized, you would either need to use the Translation Editor or you will need to add the modules in the secondary language as well.

It looks like you're using a Page Builder. In this case, I believe the best option should be using the Translation Editor.

Also, it looks like you're using some very old WPML plugins. Please, could you update all your plugins and, using the Translation Editor, check if the translation works correctly? You can see in our documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/page-builders/

Following these steps, please let me know if the problem persists.

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] The original English version layout change after I duplicated a Chinese Version’ is closed to new replies.