This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
February 12, 2019 at 5:24 am #3186635

anastasiaM

Cannot update because of that error

February 12, 2019 at 8:03 am #3187014

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

This is a known issue and we are working on a fix. For now, please use the workaround our colleague, Vincenzo, added in this ticket: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/error-when-trying-to-update/

From what I can see, it seems that Vincenzo also left you an answer there, on the ticket above.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

February 12, 2019 at 9:08 am #3187414

anastasiaM

The workaround does not work. Manual is not an option. I will go nuts if i do this in all sites

February 12, 2019 at 9:00 pm #3190900

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

Can you please check the message in the yellow box at the top of this page and let me know if that solves your issue?

It's this one:

"Hi everyone! we have just released a new bugfix version please see here the issues that it resolves: https://wpml.org/2019/02/wpml-4-2-1-with-stability-improvements-and-bug-fixes/

If you have an issue updating, please follow these simple steps: https://wpml.org/de/forums/topic/update-failed-7/ - that issue is fixed but for some older versions it might be happening"

Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Mihai

February 13, 2019 at 4:27 am #3192088

anastasiaM

I do not have OLDER versions. I had the previous one. I have it on a lot of sites. It will take me a long time to manually update. I need this to work from managewp desktop.

February 13, 2019 at 5:15 pm #3195578

Amit
Supporter

Hi there,

My name is Amit, WPML support manager, we are thinking of a solution for this,

I'll keep you updated ASAP

February 13, 2019 at 6:54 pm #3195835

Adriano
Supporter

Hello Anastacia,

This is Adriano, WPML developer, I'm really sorry about this issue. I don't know much about ManageWP, however, after watching this video I had one idea: hidden link

- Make a backup of all your sites, so you can recover them quickly if needed
- On ManageWP panel click to select all sites
- Then deactivate WPML Multilingual CMS plugin for all sites
- And click the button to delete WPML Multilingual CMS plugin for all sites
- Download the latest version of WPML Multilingual CMS plugin from your wpml.org account
- Still, on ManageWP panel, click to add a new plugin and upload the downloaded file from wpml.org there
- Activate WPML Multilingual CMS
- After that, you will have the latest version of WPML Multilingual CMS running. Then you can update other WPML plugins (String Translation, Translation Management, etc)
- The only that needs a manual upgrade is WPML Multilingual CMS one

Please let me know how it goes.

February 18, 2019 at 8:43 am #3210544

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi Anastasia,

Can you please let me know if the steps recommended above by our colleague, Adriano, work for your current case?

Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Mihai