Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.09 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
November 5, 2020 at 8:14 pm #7389299

jakobV

Hey Bigul,

When switching the language, the page needs to be reloaded to have the correct translation (see attachment)

any idea what causes this?
hidden link

thank you for your kind help

Jakob

November 5, 2020 at 8:46 pm #7389427

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Jakob,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve the issue.

This may be a compatibility issue. So I have created a sandbox site for debugging the issue. It is a fresh installation with the default 2020 theme. Because as a part of our escalation process we have to make sure the issue is existing in a minimal setup. Please click the following URL to access the site backend.

hidden link

Please try the following steps on the sandbox site and check the issue is existing or not. It will help us a lot in debugging. Thank you for your understanding.

1) Configure WPML like your live site
2) Activate WPML String Translation and Translation Management plugins
3) Activate the Buttonizer plugin
4) Translate the Button strings

--
Thanks!

Bigul

November 9, 2020 at 10:31 am #7406951

jakobV

Hi Bigul

thank you for the nice conversation!
I have tested the button in the sandbox, same reload error

maybe you could have a look, why my button on my page is not correct? thank you
jakob

November 10, 2020 at 7:54 am #7413933

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Jakob,

Thank you for the updates and for configuring the Sandbox site. I am getting a bit different results in the sandbox site. It works as expected for login users and for the guest users the button is not showing the translations. Please check the following screencast for more details and let me know your feedback. Hope you are also getting similar results in the sandbox site.

hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul

November 10, 2020 at 11:13 am #7415337

jakobV

Hi Bigul

thank you for your help here again.

I tested it on my site, logged out with a private window. It still needs a reload for showing the correct language.

hidden link

Any idea? Thank you
Jakob

November 10, 2020 at 6:22 pm #7418717

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Jakob,

Thank you for the updates. It requires further checking. So please allows me to make a duplicator copy of your site using the Duplicator plugin - https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/ for debugging the issue on my local server.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

November 10, 2020 at 6:24 pm #7418727

jakobV

Hi Bigul,

Sure take a copy and thank you for looking further into this.

My best
Jakob

November 11, 2020 at 9:31 am #7423389

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Jakob,

Thank you for your permission. I made a copy of the site now, will test it further locally, and get back to you as easily as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

November 13, 2020 at 7:50 pm #7445421

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Jakob,

The issue is existing on my local copy after the initial troubleshooting steps. Therefore I will consult about this with our second-tier team for an expert opinion. We will get back to you as early as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

November 17, 2020 at 3:24 pm #7467939

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Jakob,

This ticket is escalated to our compatibility team for further debugging. Because the bug is existing with the latest version of WPML and Buttonizer plugin. After upgrading to the latest version the issue is reproducible in a fresh installation too.

Please note, the *Buttonizer - Smart Floating Action Button* plugin is not included on the WPML official compatibility list for the Plugins - https://wpml.org/plugin/. It does not mean that this plugin is not compatible with WPML, but our compatibility team has not tested it yet.

Therefore please request the plugin author to apply for our Go Global Program. Share the following URL with them. This procedure will help to make this plugin fully compatible with WPML.

https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

November 23, 2020 at 9:06 am #7506711

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Jakob,

Our compatibility team has shared the following feedback on this.

The problem is that the Ajax class is called several times, the first one has the correct language. But in the latter it changes, not sure where nor why.

The problem seems to start here:
wp-content/plugins/buttonizer-multifunctional-button/buttonizer.php line 139

It looks like the Buttonizer team is aware of this issue. So please try the workaround suggested in the following link after a site backup.

hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul