This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:The page translation is complete but is not shown

Solution:When you go to Pages->Edit default language FAQ page->use language switcher at the top header and switch to English you will get a warning pop up , click on "modifiqua comunque" this will allow you to remain within the page builder view

then edit the FAQ and add the translation and update the page.

Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by diego-francescoP 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
April 29, 2019 at 3:52 pm

diego-francescoP

Hello,
is the second site I translate in a few weeks but this time I have a problem with page translations. The default language is Italian, the second language is English.

The page translation is 100% complete but is not shown, the page continues to appear in the default language. Where is the problem?

The system requirements are correct, and the plugin is updated.
Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

Thank for support

April 29, 2019 at 8:48 pm #3706595

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

thank you for the access details !

it looks like the FAQs module is not picked up by the Translation Editor

https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/how-to-build-multilingual-sites-with-wpbakery-page-builder-and-wpml/#supported-modules

please try the following

go to Pages->Edit page->use language switcher on the top of the page to change the language to English and this will allow you to remain within the WP page builder view

now scroll down and edit the FAQ module and add the translations

let me know your results please

April 30, 2019 at 7:41 pm #3714625

diego-francescoP

Hello Bobby,
I tried but it still sends the advanced translation editor.
On the FAQ page I see all the sections to be translated, even those built with page builder, (this also yesterday) but in the frontend page it remains the Italian version by default.

May 1, 2019 at 12:40 am #3715329

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

within the actual page builder in the secondary language the FAQ is not translated
(view screenshot)

When you go to Pages->Edit default language FAQ page->use language switcher at the top header and switch to English you will get a warning pop up , click on "modifiqua comunque" this will allow you to remain within the page builder view

then edit the FAQ and add the translation and update the page.

let me know your results , i have translated the string bellow and it worked as expected
"Perché scegliere un Personal Trainer online? "

May 1, 2019 at 10:19 am #3717523

diego-francescoP

Ok I understand, my issue is resolved now. I followed the procedure correctly and the translation was successful.
Thanks a lot for the support.

Regards,
Diego