This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 6.62 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Posts' grid is not centered.

Solution:

This grid was created with the 'Essential Grid' plugin, and the RTL issue is coming from this plugin and is caused by WPML.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ahmedM-19 6 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
February 24, 2019 at 12:47 pm #3236642

ahmedM-19

I am trying to: make the Arabic translation look proper

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:felguide.com/ar/business

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

February 24, 2019 at 6:05 pm #3237049

ahmedM-19

Hi Itamar.
The copy of the site is ready on your server now.
Waiting for your feedback.

Thank you.

February 25, 2019 at 4:27 pm #3241056

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thanks for migrating your site to our test server.

I've checked the issue of the 'Recent Products' section on the homepage, and the 'Essential Grid' on the Business page. For the 'Essential Grid' section, it seems that this issue is being caused by the plugin itself that is not supporting RTL languages. With your site on our test server, I've tried the following.
1. Disabled WPML and its add-ons.
2. Selected Arabic to be the main language of the site.
3. Created a page with the Essential Grid' Element and selected 'Listings' as it was selected on your site.
You can see at the following link that also, in this case, the 'Essential Grig' items are not positioned correctly. Please see the attached screenshot.
hidden link

You would need to discuss this issue with the 'Essential Grid' support and ask them if they support RTL languages. It is important for me to mention that the Essential Grid plugin is not officially compatible with WPML. You can check all of our compatible plugins here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/

As for the Recent Products issue. This WPBakery element is not one of the official compatible elements with WPML. You can check the list of the compatible elements on our documentation here. https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/how-to-build-multilingual-sites-with-wpbakery-page-builder-and-wpml/#supported-modules
Nevertheless, when I try it on the test site when only Arabic is enabled, I cannot replicate the issue. The Recent Products section look OK. You can also see it on this page.
hidden link
When I just install the WPBakary Page Builder, it does not contain the Recent Products element.
Can you please tell me what adds this element?
Is it the them that you are using or some other plugin?

Thanks,
Itamar.

February 26, 2019 at 9:56 am #3243994

ahmedM-19

Hi and Thanks for your professional support.

Yes I am using the theme that adds to the business page within Wyzi Toolkit plugin.
and it is compatible with WPML https://wpml.org/theme/wyzi/.

Waiting for your feedback.

Thanks
Dodd

February 26, 2019 at 10:00 am #3244005

ahmedM-19

You can look at : The Arabic right to left demo for the theme I used
hidden link

February 26, 2019 at 9:56 pm #3247475

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Dodd.

As I mentioned, I'm not suspecting that the issue is coming from an incompatibility of the WYZI theme with WPML. Nevertheless, I've checked to see what is the latest version of this theme, and at the following link, I can see that it is Version 2.2.3 that was released on 20 Feb 2019. But I cannot see if you are using the latest version of this theme. When I check it on your site, there is something weird. The version and the author's name of the theme are missing. Please see the attached screenshot wyzi.jpg.
Are you using the latest version of this theme?

I can also see that the version of the WPBakery Page Builder on your site is not updated to the latest version currently 5.7. Please update the WPBakery Page Builder plugin as well.

I can see that on the demo site (hidden link) that you sent me the RTL looks fine. But my questions is if on that page the 'Essential Grid' plugin and the 'Recent Products' element from WPBakery Page Builder are being used?
I ask that because the problem seems to come from there.

In any case for the Essential Grid plugin, as I've mentioned, we can see that the issue still exists when WPML is deactivated and even if the theme is switched to Twenty Nineteen (the default WordPress theme). You can see it on the test site here.
hidden link
Please contact the Essential Grid support and ask them if the plugin supports RTL languages.
I do not see any mentioning for this on the plugins page here.
hidden link

As for the 'Recent Products' element issue. Please see the attached screenshot recent-products.jpg. I want to continue helping you solve the problem. But I need to know please what adds this element? As I've mentioned, it is not one of the supported modules as you can see in our documentation here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/how-to-build-multilingual-sites-with-wpbakery-page-builder-and-wpml/#supported-modules
When I have more details from you, I'll be able to continue debugging the issue and consult our compatibility team if needed.

Thanks,
Itamar.

February 27, 2019 at 8:12 am #3248780

ahmedM-19

Hi Itamar,
Hope you're doing well,

I updated the theme to the latest version 2.2.3 as you see in the attached screenshot wyzi_version_update.png

I reviewed to the Essential Grid Community, found that they support RTL and follow the steps to enable rtl layout settings as you can see in the attached screenshot ess_grid_settings_rtl.png

As for the 'Recent Products' Woocommerce plugin is the one I use for adding and managing products.

Waiting for your feedback,
Thank you.

February 27, 2019 at 1:47 pm #3250571

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

The Recent Products issue

I'm glad to see on your site that the Recent Products issue is solved now.
Please see the attached screenshot recent-products-ok.jpg.

Essential Grid issue
Again it is important for me to mention that I do not think that this issue is caused by WPML and I'm going to explain why I think so. On the copy of your site on our server, I've set the settings as you show in the ess_grid_settings_rtl.png screenshot. But I've also deactivated WPML and set the site's language to Arabic in Settings -> General. But still, the issue is there. I can see that it is caused by an in-line CSS directive for the wrapping element of the essential grid section. You can see it on this page.
hidden link
Please see the attached screenshot left-396.jpg
The CSS directive is:

right: -396.5px;

Now if you change that to this:

right: -396.5px;

Then everything comes into place. Please see the attached screenshot right-396.jpg

If you would like to test this I've set up for you a clean WordPress installation in Arabic and you can install the Essential Grid plugin and test it there.

You can access it through this link:
hidden link
Through this link, you will be automatically logged in. (If nobody logs in the test site will be available for one week from today.)

Please let me know if you can see that the problem is not coming from WPML?

Thanks,
Itamar.

February 28, 2019 at 8:24 pm #3257341

ahmedM-19

Hello,

Would you please make this link in English.
And tell me what do I have to test in essential grid.
Thanks

March 1, 2019 at 12:30 am #3257783

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

In the next private reply which, I'll add right after this reply, I'll add the access details with another user to the test site. When you access the test site, the admin language will be in English. Then please do the following.

1. Install the latest version of the Essential Grid plugin.

2. Configure it as it is configured on your site. For 'Post type' you can choose regular posts. Just make sure to add a few dummy posts with featured images.

3. Use the grid shortcode on a new test page that you create.

4. See if the problem of the being diverted to the left persists on the front-end.

Thanks,
Itamar.

March 14, 2019 at 2:33 am #3339491
ahmedM-19

Hello Itamar,
Hope you're doing well.

I need your help to solve this problem
Try to search for any business in the English version by any location or category hidden link it works.
while if you try to search in the translated Arabic version hidden link it didn't work

Waiting for your feedback
Thank you

New threads created by Itamar and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-search-does-not-work-in-arabic/

March 14, 2019 at 2:54 am #3339701
ahmedM-19

Another thing Itamar,
If I want all businesses to show in Arabic version even if the translation not available.
I went to wpml settings and choose (wyz_business) Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language
But it didn't work.

Thank you

New threads created by Itamar and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-i-want-all-businesses-to-show-in-arabic-version/

March 14, 2019 at 9:13 pm #3348537

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

Let's please continue with the other issues on the new tickets.

If the issue in this ticket is solved, please mark this ticket as resolved.

Thanks,
Itamar.

March 16, 2019 at 9:39 am #3359497

ahmedM-19

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!