Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Pages return to the original language after being updated

Solution: Please update your WPML plugins to the latest versions.

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/errata/updating-wpml-in-a-secure-way-from-a-very-old-version/

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by marieA-9 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
February 12, 2021 at 12:15 pm #8070621

marieA-9

The EBM Toolkit pages that have been translated into Portuguese keep referring back to English. Each time they are fixed and translated back to Portuguese it happens again a few months later.

There is no consistency to when this occurs as it's not immediate and we don't know what causes it.

Could you please investigate why this is happening?

Page URL : hidden link

Many thanks

February 15, 2021 at 7:21 am #8083423

marieA-9

Hi

Can you please look into this?

February 16, 2021 at 8:18 am #8093789

Evan Zelezny-Green

Hello @mariea-9,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I will be happy to help you with this problem.

1. I notice in the debug info that you have an old version of WPML running (4.2.4.1). Could you please update to the current version (4.4.9)? I suggest that you update first to 4.3.0, then 4.4.0, then the current version, one step at a time, in order to avoid potential problems. There is an explanation of how to update here:

https://wpml.org/errata/updating-wpml-in-a-secure-way-from-a-very-old-version/

You can find all the versions of WPMLhere:

https://wpml.org/download/wpml-multilingual-cms/?section=changelog

2. After doing this, could you please try making a small change on the target pages as well as the pages that the links are on, and saving them again?

3. Also, after this, please try going to WPML->Settings->Translate Link Targets and click “Scan now and adjust links”.

***Please be sure to make a backup of your site BEFORE doing any of these steps, to avoid losing data if there are any problems!***

Let me know if the problem is fixed after taking these three steps.

Kind regards,
Evan

February 19, 2021 at 9:22 am #8125407

marieA-9

Hi Evan,

We are working solution you have provided. I will let you know if this approach works.

Regards

February 19, 2021 at 10:17 am #8126099

Evan Zelezny-Green

Hello @mariea-9,

Okay, I will wait for further information from you. I will leave the ticket open but it will be automatically closed after 15 days if there are no more replies.

Kind regards,
Evan

March 2, 2021 at 8:43 am #8204743

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Please let us know how it went.

March 10, 2021 at 9:27 am #8271365

marieA-9

Thanks, Evan,

We have implemented all the steps you have mentioned and can confirm that the page is still in Portuguese. Everything working as expected.

Thanks for all your support.

Regard