This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 6.07 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by benjamin 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
February 17, 2020 at 5:39 pm #5509795

benjamin

on the checkout side, in the field State* appears "choose a color"!
I tried to search it within the strings - no luck

hidden link
hidden link (cloesed site, I can provide you with a login if required)

beste regards, ben

February 18, 2020 at 3:46 pm #5516887

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi there

1. Temporary Access to your system
Please provide access to your system (wp-admin and ftp) so that I can further investigate this particular problem. The fields to provide this data are included in a private section that I will open for your next response. You can find it above the comments area. The information in this private section is only visible between WPML Support and you.

2. How to reproduce
Please tell me steps to execute to see this issue on your frontend. Do I need to select a certain product...etc?
Thanks

February 24, 2020 at 12:46 pm #5554435

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

1. Select an option
You could not find the string because the "original language" string was set to be "esperanto".
Perhaps you did this hack to allow yourself the option to change the EN text to be "Select a province..."? (see image).

In any case, I left it in this language and then changed the EN translation to be "Select an option.." like it is in the other languages.

2. 3 dots under asterick
This seems to be something related to your theme. When I deactivate the WPML plugins, the dots are still there. Only when I change the active theme to Twenty Nineteen do they disappear.

You should contact your theme support about this as it is something probably coming from the template they have defined or some CSS rules.

February 25, 2020 at 9:18 am #5560595

benjamin

many thanks Yvette, great support.
best regards, ben

February 25, 2020 at 9:19 am #5560623

benjamin

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!