Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Anonymous 10 years, 1 month ago.

Author Posts
July 24, 2011 at 2:54 pm #32934

Erna

I purchased WPML a few weeks ago and downloaded the files and installed them in my WP TwentyTen, I entered my subscription key. Everything works fine.
For my second WP TwentyTen site , I have downloaded the files again and installed them. When I look at my dashboard I only see 2 of the items; languages and support, under WPML in the left bar. (When I look at my other WPsite I know there should be more.) When I click on these items I get the following message:
You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.
When I go to the plugin panel I see these warranties while I am sure I installed the files.
The plugin wpml-cms-nav /plugin.php has been deactivated due to an error: Plugin file does not exist.
The plugin wpml-sticky-links /plugin.php has been deactivated due to an error: Plugin file does not exist.
The plugin wpml-string-translation /plugin.php has been deactivated due to an error: Plugin file does not exist.
The plugin wpml-translation-management /plugin.php has been deactivated due to an error: Plugin file does not exist.
My hosting provider is using the newest PHP.5 version and in the configuration of my English WP site I did set the Aut. keys.
Could you please help me? It will be very much appreciated!

July 24, 2011 at 5:09 pm #32936

Amir
Supporter

The error says that the files are missing from your server.
I suggest that you de-activate WPML, delete the plugin folder(s) and upload again. Seems like the upload may not have been complete.

July 24, 2011 at 9:38 pm #32937

Erna

Thank you for your quick response. I did de-activate WPML, deleted the plugin folders and uploaded them again one by one. I have done that for the fourth time.
FTP rights are set on 755.
Still I can not get any further than the following screen in my dashboard; "Before you can use WPML the program must be configured". And still I got only 2 items; 'languages' and 'support' which I don't have access to.
Sorry to bother you but I am struggling with it, do you have other suggestions?

July 24, 2011 at 10:46 pm #32938

Amir
Supporter

Maybe this will help?
http://wpml.org/2010/06/fixing-you-do-not-have-sufficient-permissions-to-access-this-page/
Otherwise, are you using any other plugin which might limit access to certain Admin pages? Are you logged in as an Administrator?

July 25, 2011 at 1:03 am #32939

Erna

Thank you, I checked your suggested link, so I changed the authorization keys on my wp-config.php to something else.
I use no other plugins I use on my first WP site and I am logged in as an Administrator.
FTP: .htaccess and wp-admin/index.php are set on 644, the rights for other files are set on 755
I am still getting no configuration possibility en no access.
My client expects the same WPML functionality as within the first WP site I made for him, so I am getting a bit worried now..
I am grateful for your answers!

July 25, 2011 at 2:23 am #32940

Amir
Supporter

I need to see this happening. Sent you an email. You can reply to it privately if you want to send me Admin login details.

October 9, 2011 at 6:08 pm #32941

John

Hi,
I have nearly the same problem.
Setup:
-WP version: 3.2.1
-WPML version: 2.3.4
-WP theme: Striking
-Apache version 1.3.42
-PHP version 5.2.14
-MySQL version 5.1.54
Project goal:
Multi-lingual e-commerce site based on:
-Striking theme
-Marketpress
-WPML
I previously seemed to have it working. Then uninstalled it and installed Marketpress and worked with that for a while. Then reinstalled the WPML plugins but didn't work. After much installing and uninstalling, current situation is:
1. WPML Multilingual CMS and WPML Translation Management are the only plugins activated.
2. The WPML heading in left frame only has two items under it: Languages and Support.
3. Click on Translation Manager > Configure gives 'You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.' error.
4. Click on Select WPML Multilingual CMS > Configure gives a less functional config page than what I had before.
Will appreciate any help and glad to provide admin access.
THANKS,
John

October 10, 2011 at 10:17 am #32942

John

Resolved by reinstalling using the Troubleshooting utilities.

October 10, 2011 at 12:19 pm #32943

Anonymous

Thanks for reporting, John

The topic ‘[Closed] The plugin.php has been deactivated due to an error; Plugin file does not exist.’ is closed to new replies.