Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mladen Andrejic 4 years ago.

Assigned support staff: Mladen Andrejic.

Author Posts
November 2, 2015 at 4:38 pm #737650

davidK-40

I am trying to:

URL of (my) website where problem appears: hidden link

I expected to see: all the blog section has mirror translate

Instead, I got: only English language while post is translate

Other problem I can see the language switch is not working properly .

November 3, 2015 at 2:11 pm #738434

Mladen Andrejic

Hello David,

I am sorry, but I don't understand the problem from your description. Can you please elaborate a little bit more about it?

- You can also write in German if it's easier for you.

Thanks.

November 3, 2015 at 2:27 pm #738453

davidK-40

Hello Mladen,

Thanks for your help , the problem I am facing is

1. The WordPress element is not translated when I switch the language. there for in German site I can see all the "POST COMMENT", "REPLY", "READ MORE " and etc is return with English.

2. Language switch problem . when I click on the land switch, the parameter is ?lang=de everything works fine but if the switch return ?lang=en it will be redirected to blog root and remove the parameter and lang will not change

3. When I am trying to change any post content , it will change the content of other langs too , I never had this problem with my old license .

here is the address of my blog , hidden link

If you need I can provide password and username for WordPress to check .

I will be highly appreciate of your help in advance .

Regards
AJ

November 3, 2015 at 3:26 pm #738533

Mladen Andrejic

Hello,

First of all, can you please provide me the WPML Debug Informations. Here are the instructions : https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

According to our policy we can handle only one problem per ticket. Here I will help you with the buttons and give you complete instructions :

1. Go to WPML > Theme and Plugins Localization
2. Scan the theme (or plugin the strings come from) for strings
3. After the scan is finished, go to WPML > String Translation
4. There you should try to find the string - and translate it (make sure that the translation is marked as complete and saved)
5. If the string is not in the String Translation, you can try to add this string from "Translate texts in admin screens" (you can find it on the bottom of String Translation page)
6. When you get in the Admin Screens* and find the strings, then mark them and go to the bottom of that page and click "Apply"
7. After you click "Apply" wait for the confirmation message

* Admin Screens explanation : The concept of Texts in Admin Screens is to add the strings that are stored in the database, to be precise in wp_options table. So if the theme or plugin stores some strings inside wp_options table, you will be able to translate this string. You should find option_name and expand it, then add this string to ST.

// Here I will give you some tips and guidelines about other 2 problems that might help, so you don't have to open new tickets for this :

1. For language switch, please make sure that the page you are viewing has an English translation.

2. About content update - please make sure that your content is not set as duplicate. If it is set as duplicate you will need to use "Translate Independently" button for the translations.

Thanks.

November 3, 2015 at 3:57 pm #738571

davidK-40

I follow your structure but still I can see the button is not with german .

Could you please suggest me what should it do ?

Regards
AJ

November 4, 2015 at 8:35 am #739087

Mladen Andrejic

Hello,

In order to be of a better help, I will need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply like this hidden link .
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

// NOTE : Make sure that you have performed the backup before you let me access the site.

Thanks.

November 20, 2015 at 1:25 pm #751238

Mladen Andrejic

Hello,

Can you please recheck the credentials you sent me? I get "Invalid username" error.

Thanks.

November 20, 2015 at 1:56 pm #751268

davidK-40

for FTP or for WordPress ?

November 20, 2015 at 2:18 pm #751296

Mladen Andrejic

Hello,

For WP backend.

November 20, 2015 at 3:09 pm #751365

davidK-40

Username : // USER //
Password : // PASSWORD //

November 20, 2015 at 3:16 pm #751376

Mladen Andrejic

Hello,

It looks like now password is not correct.

Can you please recheck this? I will enable private reply.

Thanks.

November 23, 2015 at 10:32 am #752379

davidK-40

Hi Sir ,

Could you please let me know if there is any new status regarding my request .

Many thanks
AJ

November 23, 2015 at 10:48 am #752399

Mladen Andrejic

Hello David,

Yes, I was juts looking the website. Turns out that "Post Comment" label that is located in theme file comments.php on line 86 :

'label_submit' => 'Post Comment',

is not localized, which means that WPML can't read it as a string ready for translation.

Please contact your theme developers and ask them to take care of the problem. Here you can find useful page for localizing the strings : https://wpml.org/faq/getting-string-translation-to-work/

// NOTE : Method 2 is since WPML 3.2 deprecated, please use wpml_register_single_string instead : https://wpml.org/wpml-hook/wpml_register_string_for_translation/

Thanks.

December 3, 2015 at 10:59 am #760451

davidK-40

I have problem with switch language . I use
hidden link for English
hidden link for Germany

For Germany is working, but for English which has been defined as default language sometimes is work sometimes is not work , additionally it will be remove the parameter of lang=en which count as temporary redirect 302 which is not good for our SEO propose . Could you please check and guide me to solve this issue as soon as possible.

Regards
AJ

December 3, 2015 at 1:05 pm #760586

Mladen Andrejic

Hello,

When one of the languages is default it does not use language parameter at all. It will be on the main page.

If you have any further problems with this, please create new ticket as the original issue is resolved.

Thanks.