This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: On the English version of my website, in the categories of clothing and accessories, the photos do not appear in the same way as on the French version: when we pass the mouse over, we should see a second photo, while there when we pass the mouse over the photos remains static.

Solution: Make sure that you checked the Duplicate uploaded media to translations and Duplicate featured image to translations options from the right sidebar when editing a product. This will make the hover option work on secondary language too.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by julieC-12 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
August 13, 2019 at 8:21 pm #4390597

julieC-12

Hi,

On the English version of my website, in the categories of clothing and accessories, the photos do not appear in the same way as on the French version: when we pass the mouse over, we should see a second photo, while there when we pass the mouse over the photos remains static. I do not know you can help me too.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

Please can you help me with this ? I need to open the website very soon.
Thank you for your help,

Best regards

August 14, 2019 at 8:47 am #4393401

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Julie,

I just tried to have a look at the link you attached but I could see that there's a maintenance mode active on your website. In this case, could you give me access to the dashboard area so I can have a look at the issue you described, please?

The next reply is set to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

August 16, 2019 at 10:43 am #4405853

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Julie,

I think that you can easily sort this out by editing the original product. Let's take this for example: hidden link. Just edit it, check the Duplicate uploaded media to translations and Duplicate featured image to translations options from the right sidebar, and hit the Update button. Now, if you check again this page hidden link and hover the second product (the one that we edited), everything should work fine.

Can you try to do this for some other product and tell me how it goes, please?

Thanks,
Radu

August 18, 2019 at 12:06 pm #4412051

julieC-12

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This answer that gave us Radu was absolutly perfect and very clear. Thanks to him.