This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
October 9, 2018 at 9:25 pm

canaryride.com

I have to re-open the ticket, because it was closed as solved but it is not solved.

I read a multiple threads but nothing work.s

I got this error:

We detected a problem in your WPML configuration: the product_type taxonomy is set as translatable and this would cause problems with translated products. You can fix this in the Multilingual Content Setup page.

I have had setup the wpml-config.xml in my child theme for

<taxonomy translate="0">product_type</taxonomy>

I also did for Woocommerce plugin wpml-config.xml

When I save it in configuration I will get this

We detected that the product_type field was set incorrectly for some product translations. This happened because the product_type taxonomy was translated. You can fix this in the WooCommerce Multilingual troubleshooting page.

When I go to Troubleshooting and click to Fix it will change back the error above.

I am lost ?

Help please!

THEN I GOT SOME INSTRUCTIONS WHICH I DID BUT IT IS NOT WORKING.

Hi,

well it did not help. I did what you said me. I also run a search in my fpt to see where I have all these wpml-config.xml files.

Five in total and 3 of them have a product_type and it is in each of them set up as a 0.
The setting page also is set up for product_type Not translatable.

I still getting the message

We detected a problem in your WPML configuration: the product_type taxonomy is set as translatable and this would cause problems with translated products. You can fix this in the Multilingual Content Setup page.

Please help me to fix it.

Thanks

October 10, 2018 at 12:25 am #2802407

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

the notice should be gone and the issue should be resolved now.

to be 100% sure that no other wpml-config.xml file is writting over the settings i went to WPML->Settings->Custom XML Configuration and added the following rule

<wpml-config>
    <taxonomies>
        <taxonomy translate="0">product_type</taxonomy>
    </taxonomies>
</wpml-config>

then examined your wp_options DB table and for the icl_sitepress_settings entry there was a wrong value within the DB entry, after i fixed it the notice was resolved.