This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
January 6, 2019 at 11:38 am

mohamadA-9

I am trying to go from the English to the french version of a page or vis-versa and getting wrong redirects on many of pages that i have translated.

The redirection are way off, sometimes i get redirected to the home page of an other language and sometimes i get redirected to another page that has nothing to do with the one i wanted in the second langue.

Please go to : hidden link to see the problem

I am also getting the following message :

There is a problem with the String Translation table in your site. This problem is not causing a problem running the site right now, but can become a critical issue in the future. WPML support team knows how to fix it. Please add a message in the relevant support thread and we'll fix it for you.

Thank you and i hope you can help me out 🙂

Cheers,

Moe

January 6, 2019 at 4:55 pm #3060532

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

The first error may be related to the database issue, so I'd solve that one first.

Could you please provide a copy of your database so I can reassign the ticket to a colleague who is in charge of this kind of issue? I'll enable a private reply.

January 6, 2019 at 6:32 pm
January 7, 2019 at 10:10 am #3062125

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi,

your database should be fixed now. Could you confirm the message error disappeared?
What about the main issue, you still have it? Please also try to clear cache before checking.

January 7, 2019 at 10:20 am #3062143

mohamadA-9

Hey laura,

Thank you the message has disappeared but the redirection are still not correct when i switch the page's language, please advise 🙂

Thank you,

Moe

January 7, 2019 at 11:25 am #3062298

Laura
Supporter

Hi Moe,

I checked your site and switching to French all the pages in the menu are linking to French translation, and when clicking all redirects are correct.

Could you please try clearing the cache of your browser, or try in incognito mode or with another browser?

January 7, 2019 at 11:44 am #3062361

mohamadA-9

Hey Laura,

I have done all of that and still the language switching is all over even on my mobile, i have added a video capture of what is going on.

hidden link

Can you suggest a solution so that i can try it out ?

Thanks 🙂

Moe

January 7, 2019 at 12:14 pm #3062578

Laura
Supporter

Hi Moe,

this is very strange, it's like the language switcher isn't working properly. I tried to create a new one but it still doesn't work.

It could be a compatibility issue. Can I take a copy of your site to test it further?

January 7, 2019 at 12:46 pm #3062675

mohamadA-9

Hey Laura,

Yes please you can take a copy of the site, thank you for your help !

Moe

January 7, 2019 at 1:27 pm
January 7, 2019 at 1:29 pm #3062878

Laura
Supporter

Hi Moe,

I just sent a private message with instructions on how to make a copy of the site.
Please check the message just above this one and let me know when it's ready.

January 7, 2019 at 2:26 pm #3063160

mohamadA-9

Hey Laura,

I have migrated the site, please let me know if you need anything else 🙂

Moe,

January 9, 2019 at 9:32 am #3070451

Laura
Supporter

Hi Moe,

on the copy of your site the issue seems disappeared, please check by yourself: hidden link

Since I didn't touch anything, I think it could be a server issue. Could you try asking if they have some kind of server cache and if it's possible to disable it?

January 14, 2019 at 4:53 pm #3088893

mohamadA-9

Hey Laura,

I have tried to turn off cache and still nothing works, can you please hold on to the copy of the site for a few days? i am doing a fresh install on the server and i want to see if that changes anything.

Thank you 🙂

January 16, 2019 at 2:19 pm #3098144

Laura
Supporter

Hi Moe,

no problem, just keep in mind that tickets are automatically closed after a couple of weeks if there is no answer.