This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 8.33 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ankit 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Ankit.

Author Posts
September 17, 2017 at 2:59 pm #1374401

geraldC-2

Hi

In a page or an article, when i try to update content by recording changes, the save button loads indefinitly.
I try to disable WPML, and it run good and fast.

Please can you help me and tell what i need to do ?

September 18, 2017 at 9:23 am #1374875

Ankit

Hi Alex,

Thanks for contacting wpml support. I will assist you further with this issue, hope this is fine 🙂

1. Your wordpress and wpml plugins are up-to-date, so that is fine.

2. Could you please do following for me?

a. Deactivate all non-related wpml plugins and switch to default wordpress theme, check if similar issue still persists or not? If not, then please activate the deactivated plugins one by one and check if issue appears. If all the plugins are activated and issue is not appearing, activate your theme and check if issue appears.

This can be somewhat non-trivial task, so it will be better if you can perform this test on development/staging server of your website.

IMPORTANT: Please take database and file backup of your website before performing these steps, it may require in case something goes wrong.

b. Please add following lines to wp-config.php file. Keep non-related wpml plugins inactive and default theme active.

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

Please add those lines before.

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

This will create a debug.log file in /wp-content/ folder.

Now, please try to save the post again, if problem appears again, please send me contents of debug.log file in next message, so that we can investigate the issue.

Regards,
Ankit