Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by mennoB-4 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
October 25, 2019 at 7:28 am #4824305

mennoB-4

Tell us what you are trying to do?
change conten in the EN page

Is there any documentation that you are following?
no

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

The page in the second language (en) must contain different images and code blocks different from the original language.

In the homepage the image gallery block (attached image) needs to include only 2 images and not 6 images.

thanks

October 25, 2019 at 7:50 am #4824437

mennoB-4

Actually, I need to copy in the english media gallery block (screen attached ) from the marine page in the EN Home page

Marine page
hidden link

October 25, 2019 at 7:51 am #4824467

mennoB-4

marine media gallery attached

October 25, 2019 at 8:04 pm #4829863

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. If you need a different layout for your translated page then a manual editing for the secondary language page should be needed, the recommended workflow would be the following:

1 - Create a duplication of your homepage to your secondary language.

2 - Then click to edit your homepage in the secondary language and manually edit the layout to reflect your chages.

See: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/

Tip: You can use the https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicate-post/ plugin to duplicate your current homepage and then make the recommended aproach in a safe way, this way you don't loose your current work.

Please, let me know if it works for you, have a nice day.

October 29, 2019 at 12:59 pm #4847689

mennoB-4

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!