This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
May 9, 2019 at 1:16 pm #3776387

markt-16

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I'm trying to translate the shipping methods, but the translations aren't working.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
No because i can't find any documentation about my issue.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
No because the english version of the website isn't live as of yet. We have included a printscreen of the issue the words that have a red border around can't be translated.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

May 9, 2019 at 3:37 pm #3777771

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

Can you please take a look over the solutions in the tickets below and let me know if any of them solves the issue?

- https://wpml.org/forums/topic/how-to-translate-shipping-method/
- https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translate-shipping-method-names-in-woocommerce/
- https://wpml.org/forums/topic/how-to-translate-shipping-methods-added-by-plugin-for-woocommerce/
- https://wpml.org/forums/topic/shipping-methods-are-not-translating/

Please let me know how it goes.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

May 14, 2019 at 7:00 am #3804083

markt-16

Hello Mihai,

None of these options you mentioned above work for me sadly.

May 14, 2019 at 12:55 pm #3806985

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for informing me.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of the site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.

The private box looks like this: hidden link

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

May 17, 2019 at 10:05 am #3833107

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for your patience.

I was able to find the strings that you are looking to translate.

First of all, there are a few things that I would need you to do before we get to the translation of those strings:

1. I have noticed that your website’s WP Memory Limit is 40MB. The WP memory limit needs to be increased as the minimum requirement for WPML is 128Mb WP Memory Limit: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

❌ Very important: please make a backup of your site (files & database) before following any of the upcoming steps ❌

Please add this to your wp-config.php file to increase WP memory:

/* WP Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Paste it just before:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

These settings can be limited directly by your hosting provider, so, if that’s the case, I recommend you to contact and ask them to modify them directly. If you can get even higher values It would be great.

Please make sure you have updated the values successfully, You can verify them from WPML >> Support page.

2. Please increase MaxInputVars to 50000. For this, please try to set this variables in your php.ini:

max_input_vars = 50000;
suhosin.post.max_vars = 50000;
suhosin.request.max_vars = 50000;

You may need to contact your hosting provider to set them.

Please make sure you have updated the values successfully, You can verify them from WPML >> Support page.

3. Now, that the steps above have been taken care of, we can continue with the translation of the strings:

a. Please go to WPML > String Translation > Translate texts in admin screens (hidden link)

b. Now right click anywhere on an empty space on that page and click "view page source". This will open a new tab in your browser that will allow you to see the code of the page.

In that page, click CMD+F (if you are on a Mac) or CTRL+F (if you are on Windows) and search for both "afhalen" and "vast tarief".

You will see that there are 8 results for each of them.

I will attach a screenshot example so that you know what to look for in order to find them in the "Translate texts in admin screens" page, too.

The example in the screenshot is for the "afhalen" string and it shows you that you can find a string called "afhalen" inside "[woocommerce_cod_settings]".

So while you are on the "Translate texts in admin screens" page (hidden link), search for "woocommerce_cod_settings" and then click it to open the fields under it. Now look for "afhalen", check the box next to it, scroll down until the and of the page and save the page.

After you check the box and save the page, you should be able to find the strings under WPML > String Translation (use the search functionality to find them).

That would be the steps that you need to take to find all of the strings and see which of them is the one that you need to translate.

Even if you have 8 results for each of the strings, you will find that only one of them is the one that you need to translate (in the example I attached, you will see that even if the sentence contains the string we are looking for, it is part of a sentence so it's not the one that you are looking after.

For this specific example ("afhalen"), I think that the string that you are looking for is in "[woocommerce_local_pickup_9_settings] > [title]" because that's where we have just the string you are looking for and not a sentence that contains the keyword, too.

From what I see, "vast tarief" is found in multiple places and you would probably need to try all of them if you don't know which is the one you need to take a look at:

- [woocommerce_flat_rate_1_settings] > [title]
- [woocommerce_flat_rate_2_settings] > [title]
- [woocommerce_flat_rate_5_settings] > [title]
- [woocommerce_flat_rate_7_settings] > [title]

I hope that you will find that information helpful.

Documentation regarding this translation method can be found here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/

Please let me know how that goes.

Just a note that I won't be working on the weekend so I will be able to get back to you at the beginning of next week in case you answer me today.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei