Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mateus Getulio 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Mateus Getulio.

Author Posts
July 19, 2021 at 10:16 pm #9233009

truongN-4

Tell us what you are trying to do?
On the homepage,

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Your getting started & debug guide, but none works.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
No

What is the link to your site?
Try hidden link

July 20, 2021 at 3:42 pm #9238503

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

Please, let me know if you need any additional details. Have a nice day.

July 22, 2021 at 6:09 pm #9255831

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hello there,

Thank you for providing the credentials, but unfortunately, the code you passed is not working. Also, we tried to access your files through the FTP credentials, but they aren't working as well.

Could you please review this? Please deactivate the 2FA plugin temporarily, and correct the FTP access details. I'm marking your next reply as private, in case you want to add new data. Let us know, please.

Regards,
Mateus.

July 23, 2021 at 7:29 pm #9262395

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hello there,

Thank you for correcting the credentials.

Upon further inspection, we could copy the style from the original page to the translated one. These are the steps we followed:

- We went to Templates -> Theme Builder
- Under the tabs "Header" and "Footer" there were two templates that needed to be translated. We just clicked on the "+" icon to add their translations and saved it
- After this, we checked that both header and footer appeared on the Vietnamese version. Please see: hidden link

Could you please check it and confirm that the issue is resolved? Be in mind that the pages listed on the menu, which don't appear on the Vietnamese header, were not translated yet. So, in order to make them available in the menu, you must create translations for them.

Please check if everything is working well now and let us know. Thanks!

Regards,
Mateus.

July 26, 2021 at 7:34 pm #9274793

truongN-4

I have added the translation to the header & the footer, but the styles are still missing. If you open both site on 2 windows and compare them side by side, they are not identical (for example, the Vietnamese site is boxed instead of full screen).

July 27, 2021 at 2:11 pm #9280887

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hey there,

I checked this out but so far I couldn't find a fix for it.

I asked my colleagues to have a look at this issue in order to see if there's anything I'm missing.

I'll come back here as soon as one of my colleagues reply back to me (which it shouldn't take long).

Thanks,
Mateus.

July 28, 2021 at 1:55 pm #9300317

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hello there,

Thanks for your patience while we investigate the issue.

We were able to apply the original page styles to the translated version after following these actions:

- In the WordPress dashboard -> Pages, we visit the Edit screen of your homepage
- At the bottom of the page, in "Multilingual Content Setup", we changed the custom fields "content_layout" and "page_layout" to "Copy", instead of "Don't translate"
- We made a minor change on the page content (an extra space), saved it, and updated the translation

After these steps, the styles were copied correctly. Could you please check it and confirm that the issue is resolved?

Best,
Mateus.