This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
July 22, 2019 at 12:32 pm

mikolajK-2

I am trying to: edit different languages on my site, and WPML keeps failing me in this department.

Each time I am trying to save changes I am getting:

The site is experiencing technical difficulties. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

After that it starts to happen all over the site, even debug informaation page is not working then, or switching between languages from the admin bar is not possible anymore too

July 22, 2019 at 12:51 pm #4257467

mikolajK-2

My issue is resolved now. Found solution here:
https://wordpress.org/support/topic/the-site-is-experiencing-technical-difficulties/page/2/

Looks like it wordpress related shit

July 22, 2019 at 12:51 pm #4257469

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

I will help you with your issue,

It would be good if you can provide me with the WordPress debug.log (not WPML debug information).

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case, the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/ directory.

If you can paste your debug.log to pastebin.com and provide me that link it would be great! (This is the cleanest way because sometimes the logs are long and create a complete mess in the discussion).

Kind regards
Raja

July 22, 2019 at 12:53 pm #4257479

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Glad, You found a working solution.

Have a great day.

Regards
Raja

July 22, 2019 at 2:00 pm #4258247

mikolajK-2

Hey Raja, I was mistaken. The site started to work only temporarily. Can you please assist me?

July 22, 2019 at 2:04 pm #4258269

mikolajK-2

I did add WP's you mentioned above to the wp-config.php and this is the output I have when I am trying to save changes in my page:

Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, class 'sm_member' does not have a method 'create_post_type' in /var/www/html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 286

Warning: Parameter 2 to sm_member::set_default_sort() expected to be a reference, value given in /var/www/html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 286

Warning: Parameter 2 to sm_member::set_default_sort() expected to be a reference, value given in /var/www/html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 286

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php:286) in /var/www/html/wp-admin/post.php on line 222

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php:286) in /var/www/html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1251

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php:286) in /var/www/html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1254

July 23, 2019 at 5:45 am #4262721

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Please share temporary access to your site, the details that you have shared earlier has been removed since the ticket has been marked as resolved. I have enabled private fields for you to securely share the details.

Also, Please share server error logs, which is usually stored in your site root as error.log, If not please request your hosting provider to help you with the server error log file

Kind regards
Raja

July 23, 2019 at 6:23 am
July 23, 2019 at 10:37 am #4265131

mikolajK-2

Did you change anything or the site automagically repaired itself?

July 23, 2019 at 1:03 pm #4266189

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

I haven't logged in to your site yet, Maybe it's a temporary issue, or the details will be available in your server error logs, Check with your hosting company to obtain the server error logs and share the log us. This seems to be happening now and then.

Please observe whether the issue happens again, if so please write to us.

Regards
Raja

July 26, 2019 at 5:26 am #4287451

mikolajK-2

Hey Raja, did you have time to inspect the issue?

July 26, 2019 at 6:45 pm #4291367

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

I was waiting for your update,

I have requested server error logs since more details about the generic message can be obtained from there.

Please refer to my previous reply https://wpml.org/forums/topic/the-site-is-experiencing-technical-difficulties-each-time-i-try-to-edit/#post-4266189

Regards
Raja

The topic ‘[Closed] The site is experiencing technical difficulties – each time I try to edit’ is closed to new replies.