This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
September 8, 2019 at 12:40 pm #4531419

annaL-23

I am trying to:
Open WPML -> Translations

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:
Error: The site is experiencing technical difficulties. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

September 9, 2019 at 8:34 am #4534687

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

This issue seems to be related to what you are experiencing in the following ticket
-> https://wpml.org/forums/topic/connetion-lost-error-saving-is-disabld-on-page-edit/#post-4534611

but it could also be not related , but first i would like to provide the same answer as the other post as i believe the following actions could help us pinpoint what might be triggering this behavior

If possible please update your MySQL and WP

1. Update MySQLVersion to 5.6 +

2. Update WP to the latest version

Additionally, does this happen to all your pages/posts or only a specific one ?

I would need to see the detail of the error log . You can see how to enable debug logging here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Go in your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:
define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Edit your wp-config.php file and add these lines, just before it says 'stop editing here':

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');

This will create an error_log.txt file in your site's root directory. Please send me its contents.

September 13, 2019 at 9:50 am #4567221

annaL-23

Hello Bobby,

Thank you for your suggestions. The problem is that my wp for some reason does not log the errors. I made the changes to the wp-config file, but the log is not being recorded. I'm trying to fix it. Once I have the log, i'll get back with the information.

Thank you,
Anna

September 13, 2019 at 2:55 pm #4569689

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thanks for the update, Anna. Bobby is off for a few days, so as soon as you have an update you reply back here and I will further troubleshoot the issue for you.

The topic ‘[Closed] "The site is experiencing technical difficulties" message in admin dashboard’ is closed to new replies.