This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by janL-28 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
July 9, 2019 at 3:36 pm

janL-28

We have updated the plugins and since then we cannot access wp-admin anymore. Instead, we receive following message now:

"The site is experiencing technical difficulties. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions."

We had the same issue for the website flyingteddy.ch whereas there was an issue with plugin update of WPML multilingual. It was successfully fixed by you.

July 9, 2019 at 7:46 pm #4174119

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Thank you for providing me with the access details !

i was able to access your wp-config.php through your FTP and i activated WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY to get a better idea of what was causing this error as i was only able to see an err 500 in the console

after activating debug_display i was able to see the following errors logged

Warning: require_once(/home/u814320068/domains/vastraahouse.com/public_html/clients/hair/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-seo/wp-seo-main.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/u814320068/domains/vastraahouse.com/public_html/clients/hair/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-seo/wp-seo.php on line 48

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/u814320068/domains/vastraahouse.com/public_html/clients/hair/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-seo/wp-seo-main.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php56/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php56/usr/share/php') in /home/u814320068/domains/vastraahouse.com/public_html/clients/hair/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-seo/wp-seo.php on line 48

both the fatal error (responsible for the site being down) and the warning are coming fro mthe plugin wordpress-seo

if possible please go to your FTP find wp-content/plugins/wordpress-seo and add ".deactivate" at the end of the plugin name

i also suggest contacting their plugin support regarding these 2 errors as they should know their plugin best

July 9, 2019 at 7:56 pm #4174175

janL-28

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply. We thought it was related to WPML, since we had the same issue with another website.

Could you add the ".deactivate" at the end of the plugin name, so we can figure out which plugin it is and contact the developers from this plugin.

Thanks,
Jan

July 9, 2019 at 8:21 pm #4174249

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi Jan,

i added .deactivate at the end of wordpress-seo plugin and the site is back up working as expected

July 9, 2019 at 8:41 pm #4174321

janL-28

Thanks Bobby, appreciated....

July 9, 2019 at 8:41 pm #4174323

janL-28

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!