This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
September 10, 2019 at 6:11 pm #4548003

roelR-3

I am trying to: activate sitepress-multilingual-cms.4.2.8

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: I removed the plugin

I expected to see: the plugin installed

Instead, I got: error message "The site is experiencing technical difficulties. Please check your site admin email"

September 10, 2019 at 6:12 pm #4548031

roelR-3

Can you help me?

September 10, 2019 at 6:54 pm #4548347

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

It seems we are having currently an issue with the automatic update process on some sites.

Can you please, try a manual update via FTP? Here is how:

1 - Download the mentioned plugin zip folders from your wpml.org account.

2 - Unzip them and upload the unzipped folder to your host wp-content/plugins folder replacing the current folders.

Note: I recommend you to delete the current plugin folders before updating the new ones. Also it is better if you put your website in a maintenance mode to avoid any issue for your users.

IMPORTANT: Please, note, a backup is required for security reasons and to avoid any data loss, you can use the https://wordpress.org/plugins/backupwordpress/ plugin for these backup needs.

Please, let me know if the workaround solved the issue.

Kind regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] The site is experiencing technical difficulties. Please check your site admin’ is closed to new replies.