This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Puntorosso 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
September 10, 2019 at 7:13 pm #4548445

Puntorosso

Hi, when trying to save a Formidable Pro View, I get this error

The site is experiencing technical difficulties. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

In the email I get these error details

Error Details
=============
An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 130 of the file /home/legendsv/public_html/cms/wp-content/plugins/wpml-media-translation/classes/media-translation/class-wpml-media-post-images-translation.php. Error message: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to WPML_Media_Post_Images_Translation::translate_images_in_post_content() must be an instance of WP_Post, null given, called in /home/legendsv/public_html/cms/wp-content/plugins/wpml-media-translation/classes/media-translation/class-wpml-media-post-images-translation.php on line 107 and defined in /home/legendsv/public_html/cms/wp-content/plugins/wpml-media-translation/classes/media-translation/class-wpml-media-post-images-translation.php:130
Stack trace:
#0 /home/legendsv/public_html/cms/wp-content/plugins/wpml-media-translation/classes/media-translation/class-wpml-media-post-images-translation.php(107): WPML_Media_Post_Images_Translation->translate_images_in_post_content(NULL, Object(WPML_Post_Element))
#1 /home/legendsv/public_html/cms/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(288): WPML_Media_Post_Images_Translation->translate_images(4075)
#2 /home/legendsv/public_html/cms/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)
#3 /home/legendsv/public_html/cms/wp
=================================================

If I disable the WPML Media plugin, everything works fine and I can save the Formidable Pro View without problem.

Deleting and reinstalling the plugin didn't help.

September 11, 2019 at 7:49 am #4551177

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello!
Welcome to WPML Support.
I'll do my best to help you solve this issue.

By the looks of it, this seems like a compatibility issue.

Could you please install Formidable Pro in this sandbox site and try to replicate the problem as well: hidden link

If you replicate the problem in the sandbox site, please write here the steps to replicate the problem because if it is indeed a compatibility issue, our developers will need them (the steps) in order to find out where's the problem.

Regards.

September 11, 2019 at 9:38 am #4552193

Puntorosso

Hi, I have installed Formidable Pro in the sandbox, but couldn't replicate the problem.
Anyway, there are too many factors which are different in my site, first of all the different domain/language, which has shown to be one of the main compatibility problems in the past.

I am afraid you will have to check the live site.

Thanks

Best

September 11, 2019 at 2:36 pm #4554323

Alejandro
Supporter

No problem, it's fine by me. at least we now know it's not a direct compatibility and that's a good thing!

Please make a backup of your site before giving me credentials to the site and then add the credentials on the fields i activated for you.

Regards.

September 16, 2019 at 9:49 am #4578267

Alejandro
Supporter

Ok, i think the problem was just some content in the database.

I followed these steps and the problem seems to be fixed now:

Go to WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting
Press the following buttons:
• "Remove ghost entries from the translation tables"
• "Set language information"
• "Fix post type assignment for translations"

and that fixed it.

Can you confirm please?

September 16, 2019 at 5:10 pm #4582817

Puntorosso

Yes it works!

Thanks a lot for your help.