This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
June 6, 2019 at 7:09 am #3966333

jose-antoniod-2

Hi

I have a both English and Spanish web. English version works perfectly, but I have detected that some times the Spanish WooCommerce SHOP page does not work, products are not displayed.

I have tried to fix this issue and, casually, if I open the SHOP (Tienda) page and update it, it works again

Thanks in advance.

June 6, 2019 at 1:47 pm #3969653

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

When issues appear randomly, in most cases it's due to caching or server issues, and therefore are difficult to debug.

Some suggestions:
1. update WordPress to its latest version
2. the WP Memory Limit needs to be increased. PHP memory limit is fine but WordPress uses 40Mb as default. Minimum requirements for WPML are 128Mb.
Add this near the top of wp-config.php file (after the php opening tag) to increase WP memory:

/** WP Memory Limit */
define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

The wp-config.php file is located in your WordPress root directory. It's the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.
You can check the current WP Memory Limit value from WPML -> Support in the Info section
More info here:
https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
3. resave your permalinks in Settings -> Permalinks
4. see if it's possible to increase your MySQL version - I see you have 5.5.60 and the minimum requirement for WPML is 5.6
5. increase PHP version could help too - 5.6 is within the minimum requirements but versions 7+ are much faster and stable than 5.6

If any of this doesn't help, check if your hosting has server cache and if it's possible to disable it. It might conflict with your caching plugin, so you might try to deactivate it and see if the situation improves.

Finally, if you still experience the issue, when it happens, check your server error logs for any possible hints and report them here.

The topic ‘[Closed] The Spanish WooCommerce shop page does not always work’ is closed to new replies.