This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
May 13, 2019 at 11:45 pm #3802173

tanyelH

Hello,
somehow some parts of my dashboard became english instead of german. Product and Woocommerce is now in english and some parts are still in german. Furthermore if I deactivate String Translator everything becomes normal. But as soon as I activate it, it happen again. So it must be String Translator that causes the problem. There is also another probem. Previously made String Translations are now all messed up as you can see in the picture. For example the english ones became german and the german ones are english and unfortunately I can not solve this problem. I reall do not know how this happened. I have already read that you have to choose your default language and so on. I did all that but it is still not working. Does someone know what to do? I would really appreciate your help. Moreover there is this message displayed: We recognized that the product_type field was incorrectly set for some product translations. This happened because the product_type taxonomy was translated. Thank you in advance. Sry editing my question. All the stings for german market are deleted too. I really do not know what´s going on.
Best Regard,
Tayfun

May 14, 2019 at 8:45 am #3804835

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your test site to take a better look at the issue.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Kind regards
Raja

May 14, 2019 at 1:51 pm #3807619

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This is quite strange. Can you please help with a snapshot of the site so that I can try to troubleshoot the issue without disturbing your setup.

You can use the Duplicator plugin to create a snapshot of the site and share the package link with me http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Kind regards
Raja

May 15, 2019 at 1:55 pm #3817367

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

I have checked in details this seems like a strange issue. I can see the strings some of the English text you see in the backend is actually English text entered in German language. Which is why you see the mixup, I have attached the screenshot of Product Tag translation where you can see the default German language has English text.

The fix is to identify each string and change the language of the Sting manually which is a strenuous process.

Since you have mentioned that you have a backup of your site before the incident, I would highly recommend to restore the version of backup and make sure you also deactivate Loco Translate plugin which can conflict with WPML string translation plugin.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

kind regards
Raja

May 17, 2019 at 9:50 pm #3837085

tanyelH

Hello Raja,
I was able to solve the problem. I did a reset of wpml. However I would have one more question. I am using the seven child theme and I translated the blog page. On the blog page there is a shortcode in my normal language which is german. This shows the categories. But in the translated english version it is missing. Do I have to do this thing with xml which I have read about in some forums? Could you hrlp mr out one more time please?
Kind regards
Tayfun

May 20, 2019 at 6:55 am #3844043

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Tayfun,

Please be careful about the reset option this will erase all the WPML data we don't suggest unless the user wants all the data related to WPML to be removed. Anyways it works for you that's great news 🙂

7theme is completely compatible with WPML, Maybe the shortcode is not parsed properly, Try resending the page to translation from WPML > Translation Management, let me know if this helps

Compatibility document. https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/creating-multilingual-sites-using-the7-theme-and-wpml/

Kind regards
Raja