This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by sylvieE 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Rohan Sadanandan.

Author Posts
July 3, 2019 at 10:25 am #4134783

sylvieE

Hi,

When I do the first translation of a Trakker Product (Custom Post Type) after I have clicked "Copy Content From English" all of the content is copied across correctly including the images uploaded to the post, the Alt Text and Title of the images is also copied across correctly.

When I then go to do my second translation to another language and go through the same process again all off the content is again copied across correctly including the images uploaded to the post, but this time only the Alt Text is copied across on the images. The Title isn't copied across and has now defaulted to the file name of the image.

I have uploaded a couple of screen shots.

My personal email is rob@steve-edge.com

July 3, 2019 at 1:29 pm #4136883

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

When a post is duplicated media file duplicated to the post but the title and caption used from the translated media file. So if you have translated media title or caption then the translated title and caption will be used not the original one.

If you need to have different media title/caption for different languages, you can do this in 2 ways:

1. From the media library, you can update the media title & caption for each language.
2. From edit post screen also, you can directly update the media title & caption for each language.

You can read more details regarding media translation in this documentation:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/media-translation/

Please check the documentation & let us know if have any queries.

Thanks,
Rohan

July 4, 2019 at 9:00 am #4141455

sylvieE

Sorry but unfortunately that does not help me, I will try and explain the issue a bit clearer:

When I do my first translation of a post the media that was uploaded to the original post is copied across with the alt text and title.

When I then go and do a second translation of the same post to a different language, again the media that was uploaded to the original post is copied across but this time only the alt text is copied across, the title is not copied across.

July 4, 2019 at 2:33 pm #4144491

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

If you have selected to duplicate media attachments, it would normally copy the image along with the image title & caption.

Are you checking this with an existing post or are you able to check this with a new post?

I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.
Instructions to send private information are here: hidden link

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thanks,
Rohan

July 4, 2019 at 3:41 pm #4145155

sylvieE

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!