Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
April 20, 2021 at 8:55 am #8579015

louraA

I am trying to:

translate the custom pages in my Divi theme, it working for a while then it overwrites with the original language again!

I contact the support before and they told me to edit the memory limit, and it already more than 700MB, the issues is the same.

April 21, 2021 at 2:05 pm #8591689

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello there!

Would you mind walking me through your translation process? translations can't really just disappear out of nowhere so there might be something, a step that is making it go away. it could be created by a plugin, a theme, there are so many possible situations (Rare situations, however).

Have you noticed a pattern between these strange translation disappearances that you can tell us?

---------------

In the meantime please: follow the instructions mentioned on this page: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Try to recreate the problem once you have added those lines to your wp-config.php file and then go to your installation's wp-content folder and find the "debug.log" file that should've appeared by now (it will appear if it encounters an error in your server).

Then, upload that file into a storage platform of your choosing (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc) and send me the link (make sure it's set as "public" otherwise I won't be able to access its content) so i can download it and take a look at it, and determine where to go from there.

April 27, 2021 at 5:17 am #8630673

louraA

Hello,

Please help me to fix this so I cant launch my site, the follwing msg is from Divi theme, they try to fix it but it seems somthing with WPML:
Hi Loura! 👋
I was able to replicate the issue. It seems like both languages are synced and they are overriding each other. The issue seems to be related to the WPML plugin. I would suggest reaching out to the WPML developers, so they can check the issue. They should be able to identify if it's related to the settings or if it's a bug in the plugin"

I followed the instructions mentioned on that page and you can access the debug.log file from the follwing link:

hidden link

waiting to hear from you

Thank you

April 27, 2021 at 7:59 am #8631355

Alejandro
Supporter

It looks like your page is actually DUPLICATED. can you go to the translated page that has this issue and check if, under the "languages" section, you see a blue box with a button "translate independently"? (click it if that's the case

I'm talking about this, specifically: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/#duplicating-content

It looks like this is what's happening to you.

-------------------

I can also check this for you if you allow me access to your site and point me to the problematic page.

I have just activated the appropriate boxes for the credential information i need from you. they are private so only you and i will be able to see them.

I suggest you create a temporary user, set it as an administrator and then add those credentials in the fields mentioned above.

April 27, 2021 at 6:33 pm #8638379

louraA

Hello,

It not duplicated page, I know about "translate independently"". The issue is am using Divi theme + Woocommerce and I have templates for each Category, thoes templates suppose I can make it in both Language but once I create template in Arabic, it delete all my English template in theme builder which happend again now ( I attached the screenshot for theme builder template before all English templates gone ) , Also the changes I made it in Arabic Home page; after a while it overwrite with the orginal page style and design.
please check, I creat for you access information:

Thank you

FireShot Capture 239 - Theme Builder ‹ Maddie Dolls — WordPress - maddiedolls.com.png
FireShot Capture 242 - باني الموضوع › Maddie Dolls — ووردبريس - maddiedolls.com.png
April 27, 2021 at 6:55 pm #8638547

louraA

Please check the setting, I think somthing makes that cant have two templates for the both language.

April 28, 2021 at 6:17 am #8640699

Alejandro
Supporter

Hi there, may i know how you're translating these templates? because as you explain it it seems you're overwriting them.

The best way to translate them is to treat them as global elements:

- Create a few global elements in the divi archive
- Select these globel elements in the theme builder page from divi
- Now go to WPML > Translation Management
- Search for these global elements
- Send them to translation

That's how yu'll get the templates to translate and not overwrite each other.

This is the guide that has more details on the procedure i mentioned above: https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/divi-builder/#translating-custom-global-header-footer

Regards.

April 28, 2021 at 6:22 am #8640711

louraA

please check the video, hidden link

I explain how to translate the templates

April 28, 2021 at 9:52 am #8642675

Alejandro
Supporter

That is the problem. you can't translate the content that way. the "error" starts at second 41 of your video. the way you're doing it, you're replacing one content with another (in another language).

You can only translate those themes in WPML > Translation Management. please read the link i sent you where you have everything explained, with images and step by step instructions 🙂

The link is this one: https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/divi-builder/#translating-custom-global-header-footer

Regards.

April 28, 2021 at 11:04 am #8643457

louraA

those are theme tempaltes not pages, I cant found them in Translation Management""so how to add thoes templates in this area?
Also the method i used it mentioned in Divi theme+WPML translation
hidden link

FireShot Capture 248 - Translation Management ‹ Maddie Dolls — WordPress - maddiedolls.com.png
April 28, 2021 at 3:02 pm #8645785

Alejandro
Supporter

Sir, i have sent you the documentation on what you need to do and i will share it again: https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/divi-builder/#translating-custom-global-header-footer

To make it easier for you please follow these steps:

- Go to DIVI > Divi Library
- Create a global element for the header, for the footer and for the body (the ones you are using in the template)

- Now, translate them from WPML > Translation Management
- In the divi builder page, instead of clicking "create new" when creating a new header, footer, etc, click "add from library" and add the global elements that you previously created and translated.

That way you'll have them translated correctly.

The way you're doing it in hidden link or in hidden link is not going to work.

Regards.