Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
March 28, 2020 at 5:01 pm #5786123

hendA

I am trying to translate my website from English to Arabic.
when I add a translated page this page does not load, at first it keeps loading then shows an empty page. I have checked the memory limit it's 1024M so there's no problem with that. I also checked the .htaccess file and it's has the right code for url rewriting.
I am using the GreenMart theme which claims to be compatible with WPML.

this is the link of the translated page:
hidden link

it should show the translation for this page:
hidden link

the site is still under construction
safahome.net

March 30, 2020 at 10:56 am #5793631

Paola Mendiburu
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi!

Welcome to WPML support!

I will do my best to help you solve this problem.

It would be good if you can provide me with the WordPress debug.log (not WPML debug information).

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

If you can paste your debug.log to pastebin.com and provide me that link it would be great! (This is the cleanest way, because sometimes the logs are long and create a complete mess in discussion).
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Kind regards,

Paola

March 30, 2020 at 10:16 pm #5799593

Bruno

Thank you for contacting us. I've noticed that you are using 40Mb of memory. The WPML requires at least 128MB: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

Note that WPML needs a minimum WP Memory limit of 128M to work only under a minimal environment, it means, with a default theme and not other plugins installed.

Please, could you increase the memory limit for WordPress? To do it, please open the wp-config.php file in the root of your WordPress installation and after the opening PHP tag, add these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

E.g.:

<?php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Then save the file and using your FTP client, upload wp-config.php to your server.

Thank you.

March 31, 2020 at 8:47 am #5802163

hendA

I have mentioned in my message that I increased the memory to 1024M but that didn't solve the problem.
anyway I couldn't lose more time and installed another theme.
Thank you

March 31, 2020 at 3:03 pm #5805363

Bruno

Thank you for testing this. I suggested increasing the memory because in your debug info it still shows as 40Mb. The maximum limit for your server also appears to be 256Mb.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have about it. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.