This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The posts are not showing up in my secondary language.

Solution: Please make sure that the post that has been translated has a featured image set. As for the duplicate categories showing, there were no categories assigned. Opening the translated post in secondary page and selecting the categories resolved this issue.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by alanS-4 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
May 21, 2018 at 9:33 am #2200078

alanS-4

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Show post categories in the other language from a original language shortcode. I have translated the post categories and the posts. I assume it is because the Welsh version of the post has not been entered into any Welsh Category. But I am unable to see where the adding the Welsh Post to a Welsh Post Category Occurs... I have used the category/taxonomy translation page but don't see an option on the post page to select a Welsh category/taxonomy option.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Unsure

Is there a similar example that we can see?

No

What is the link to your site?

hidden link

hidden link

May 22, 2018 at 5:03 pm #2210533

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

Can you please check to see that a post that has been translated has a featured image set? You can do this by editing the post in the original language and then use the admin language switcher at the top of the page to switch languages. Scroll down to see if a featured image is set, and if not, set one. Then does a post display?

Also when you view the page this way, do you see that the correct categories have been assigned?

To ensure the quickest and most accurate support, please provide your debug information so that I can get a look at some of your configurations. We have an excellent article on how to located here: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/.

NOTE: Please be sure to check the box to indicate you can provide debug info and paste your debug info in the debug field provided, and NOT in the general response field.

May 23, 2018 at 10:04 am #2213936

alanS-4

Thanks I was able to do it by checking the

"Media attachments
Duplicate uploaded media to translations
Duplicate featured image to translations"

And that did it, but for some reason I am experiencing 2 other issues.

1. My categories in the 2nd language (Welsh) are showing twice, but not in the first, English (see attached images).

2. I have the posts displays set to equal height across the Divi row which works in the English version, but the Welsh version does not display them as equal height (might be a Divi question perhaps), just wondering if you have experienced this using WPML...

May 23, 2018 at 12:17 pm #2215288

Lauren
Supporter

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

May 23, 2018 at 7:18 pm #2218141

Lauren
Supporter

I opened one of your translated posts and saw that there were no categories assigned. So I selected the two categories and saved the translation and now the categories display correctly.

Also, as for the different heights, I think this is also related to the extra categories. It looks like the there is probably a height set that is being pushed down due to the extra categories. Please try either increasing the max height or fixing the categories and let me know if the issue persists and I"ll be happy to continue troubleshooting.

May 24, 2018 at 11:00 am #2221894

alanS-4

Thanks for that. For some I just needed to re-save them in the second language and others I needed to check the category boxes. I thought after mapping the categories that would automatically have been done. Anyway, it also fixed the double category display too. I changed the css of the post card to add some extra length and that fixed the cards having different sizes too. Thanks for all the help 🙂