This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
May 31, 2020 at 10:20 am #6259113

lisaS-14

Just have a look at the link:
hidden link
hidden link

My Theme is Astra and I am working with Elementor. I did not try to change sth directly at the translated page, because I am afraid of destroying sth..

Please help me!! 🙂

sincerely
Liz

May 31, 2020 at 10:22 am #6259117

lisaS-14

My translated Homepage looks like a Blog post

May 31, 2020 at 11:36 am #6259497

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Please try to export the Astra Customizer Settings, then switch the language in the top admin bar and import those options into the second language.

hidden link

I hope this will solve the issue.

Kind regards
Andreas

June 3, 2020 at 9:37 am #6281617

lisaS-14

Is there any other possibility? I am afraid to lose content/formatting/design.... if I export and import my theme

June 4, 2020 at 1:07 am #6287899

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I understand, but actually ther eis nothing to worry about.

First, I would suggest you create a backup of your site and database. I can offer you to have a look at the issue.

1) You can create an export file of your theme options in default language, so you will also have a available backup of those settings.

2) Now, as mentioned you can change the language in the top admin bar and import the same settings from your default language into other languages.

3) Also, it is possible, while on the Avada Theme Options screen, to set the top admin bar language setting to "All languages". Then save the settings. This way the settings should be saved for all languages.

More information here:
hidden link

Let me know if you need any assistance here and I will enable the private field for providing access.

Kind regards
Andreas

June 5, 2020 at 6:22 am #6301447

lisaS-14

Hi,
I am sorry, it is not working 🙁
I would appreciate your assistance!
kind regards
Liz

June 5, 2020 at 7:07 am #6301785

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello Liz,

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT

Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Kind regards
Andreas

June 6, 2020 at 8:18 am #6310495

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello Liz,

This is solved now - I only had to adjust some translation setting sinside of the Multilingual Content Setup (bottom of page editor) but apart from that there are some other minor issues.

For example the title LATEST BLOG POSTS appears in English.

Now, you can translate that at WPML -> String Translation but as the site default language is German, you should mark the string, and then at the bottom of the page use the option to change the default language for selected string.

Assign it to English and then translate into German.

See screenshot.

Here the docs for String Translation:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

The menus also still need to be translated. More about that here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Kind regards
Andreas