This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Please make sure to update to WPML to the latest and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Ahmed Ibrahim 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Ahmed Ibrahim.

Author Posts
February 4, 2020 at 1:20 pm #5421519

sebastianT-2

I am trying to use Smartcat to handle the translations process and integrate with WPML following this process described here: https://wpml.org/es/translation-service/smartcat/#connecting

I can create a translation job and send it to Smarcat from WPML. But after marking the translations as completed in Smarcat the translation job still "In Progress". It seems like WPML is not getting the status of the job from Smarcat.

A similar error it's described in this ticket:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/job-status-stuck-wpmlin-progress-smartcatcompleted-callback-errors/

Could you please help us with this issue.

February 5, 2020 at 8:34 pm #5434091

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

Please, let me know if you need any additional details. Have a nice day.

February 7, 2020 at 8:07 pm #5450139

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I'm Ahmed Ibrahim from the TP integration team and I will help you with this issue.

I have checked the site and I can see that there is only once job set to Smartcat and in-progress. (check the attached image) and when I tried to download it, I got a message in our logs which said that this job has not been translated yet, so can you please double check I the job that I have mentioned in the screenshot has been completed on Smartcat.

Best regards.

February 10, 2020 at 9:20 pm #5464855

sebastianT-2

Thank you for your reply Ahmen. Please note the translation job is COMPLETED in Smarcat but WPML is not getting the new status.

I started a new translation job and sent it to Smarcart. After the job is done I mark it as complete in Smartcat. Then, I go to WPML but the translation job still "in process". Please check the attached screenshots.

Please let me know if you need to access to Smartcat to the test this.

February 13, 2020 at 10:03 pm #5490217

sebastianT-2

Is there any news about this issue?

February 18, 2020 at 1:32 pm #5515565

sebastianT-2

Dear WPML support team,

I still need assistance about this issue. I haven't heard from you in the last week. Could you please let me know if you are working on this?

February 28, 2020 at 9:29 am #5584089

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi sebastiant,

I'm sorry for the late reply, I haven't got any notification about your replies, I have changed the notification settings for your ticket, and this will not happen again.

I'm checking the issue and will come back to you ASAP.

Best regards.

February 28, 2020 at 9:53 am #5584179

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

I have visited the site, and I can see jobs sent on 19/02/2020 and they are completed correctly, check the screenshot: hidden link

so do you still have the same issue? or it has been resolved now.

Best regards.

February 28, 2020 at 6:24 pm #5587955

sebastianT-2

Hi Ahmed,

I still need assistance. Please check out these screenshots. The translation project is complete in Smartcat but is marked as "Needs Update" in WPML. All buttons are disabled. Is there any way to take back the control of this job?

March 2, 2020 at 11:13 am #5598449

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

I see only one job that has the needs update, which "629408", so I think the rest should be fine right?

The "Needs update" state means that you have updated the original post after sending the jobs and before receiving the translation, so WPML automatically treats the old jobs as out of date and cancel the jobs.

We handled this case at the WPML version 4.3 by showing a pop-up warning to the users if they are going to change the original content for any in-progress job.

For now, the only solution will be to send these jobs again to the translation service, then ask the service to use the translation memory to re-translate without extra cost, then re-deliver the content to the site.

Best regards.

The topic ‘[Closed] The translation job status is not updated after completing job in Smartcat’ is closed to new replies.