Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by idaL 2 years, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
January 15, 2018 at 9:17 am #1484380

idaL

I am trying to: update the plugin

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: I am attaching a screenshot

I expected to see: the update

Instead, I got: no update

January 15, 2018 at 10:27 am #1484443

Amit
Supporter

Hi there,

Sorry for that - can you please try again, but please this time from the commercial tab admin screen ( /wp-admin/plugin-install.php?tab=commercial ) and after you do that please click on the 'check for updates' button.

Let us know if you still have issues,

Thanks!

January 18, 2018 at 5:50 pm #1489023

idaL

Hi Amit, thank you for your reply. I did what you said, but the update still failed... I am attaching a screenshot.
Best,Ida

January 18, 2018 at 5:58 pm #1489030

Bruno

Hello there,

I would like to take care of your ticket from now. Please, could you reset the key to your site and add it again? Please, follow the steps below:

- Go to https://wpml.org/account/sites/
- Remove the key of your site
- Now, in the WordPress dashboard on your site click on the Plugins > Add New > Commercial
- Click on the 'Unregister WPML from this site' button
- Click on the 'Register WPML' button to register a new key
- Open the 'WPML account' link on a new tab
- Copy the new key and click on the "Ok" button
- Go back to your site and paste the new key
- Click on the 'Ok' button to register your site

Please let me know if that resolves the problem and if you are able to update the WPML plugins.

Thank you.

January 24, 2018 at 10:08 am #1495006

idaL

Hi Bruno, before following your instruction, could you kindly let me know if I could risk to loose my translations if I proceed like you told me?
I have my whole site translated and cannot risk this....
Thank you for letting me know.

Also: what do you mean by "removing the key"? Which key?

Thank you and best regards,
Ida

January 24, 2018 at 2:18 pm #1495496

Bruno

Hi Ida,

Following the steps I posted above you should not miss any translation.

You can, however, back up your site to have a copy of the current state of your site.

>>> Also: what do you mean by "removing the key"? Which key?

When you register your site in WPML, you generate a key. This key is responsible for allowing you to update your site, for example.

In the steps I mentioned above, the ideal would be to create a new key, because the current key may be causing some problem and so you are not able to update your plugins.

You can see more about site registration and key in our documentation: https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/#register

After following these steps, please let me know if your site is working properly and if you were able to update your plugins.

Thank you.

January 29, 2018 at 12:54 pm #1500043

idaL

Thanks a lot! I followed the steps and it worked!