This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.
Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.
|September 18, 2018 at 8:56 am|
I am trying to translate the widget of sidebar for each language, but it can't show the translated contents in the page.
|September 19, 2018 at 11:31 am #2748592|
Languages: English (English )
Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)
Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I have tried to login to your site but wp-login info that you have provided is not working here. Could you please follow below steps and let me know how it goes?
- I have noticed that your website’s WP Memory Limit is 40MB. The WP memory limit needs to be increased, it's different than php memory. PHP memory is fine but WordPress uses 40MB as default in your site. Minimum requirements for WPML are 128Mb: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
Please add this to the top of wp-config.php to increase WP memory:
/* WP Memory Limit */ define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M'); define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M');
- We have released updated version of WPML plugins. Can you please take a backup of your site and update ALL WPML plugins and check that if the issue is resolved?
- Please try to re-save the widget translation:
1. Go to WPML >> String Translation >> Search and Open your translated text >> delete the translation >> Save.
2. Then again go to: String Translation >> Re-add your translated text >> and re-save. Make sure that "Translation is complete" checkbox is selected.
3. Please delete all sort of caches on your site / server cache if any / plugin cache / CDN cache (if any), clear browser cache and then see if it resolves the issue afterwards.
4. If still issue persists, please provide temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your site (preferably staging site), so that I can look into your setup and debug the issue.
Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.
=== Please backup your database and website ===
✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.
The topic ‘[Closed] the widget can't be translated’ is closed to new replies.