This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
August 10, 2019 at 1:43 pm #4375499

williamT-12

I am trying to:

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: a proper translated text

Instead, I got: error and not so properly translated text

August 10, 2019 at 8:19 pm #4375921

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

Can you please let me know if you already translated the pages/posts with WPML by following the steps in the documentation link below:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/#how-to-translate-pages-posts-and-custom-posts

Please let me know if this solved your issue or if you still need help.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

August 11, 2019 at 6:46 am #4376615

williamT-12

Hi Mihai,

I have activate the translation management, but still not working as expected.

Please assist as I am totally new and do not know how to configure it correctly.

Regards
William Tan

August 11, 2019 at 11:34 am #4376895

williamT-12

Hi Mihai,

More info

August 12, 2019 at 2:55 pm #4381753

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for the credentials.

I can confirm that they worked.

By looking at the homepage, I can see that content that you are talking about but that is not HTML, it is content that was built with the "WP Bakery Page Builder" shortcodes and because you currently have the "WPBakery Page Builder" plugin disabled, that is why you are seeing that on the homepage.

Can you please enable the "WPBakery Page Builder" plugin from here (hidden link) and then check the homepage and see if that solves the issue?

Kind regards,
Mihai

August 13, 2019 at 12:41 am #4383963

williamT-12

Hi Mihai,

I am using Verge WordPress theme, I have tried updating the WPBakery Page Builder, not much of a help , more issue see attached

Is there any way you can help to install my WPML correctly and make it work ?

Tell me the cost ?

August 13, 2019 at 5:42 pm #4390093

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi William.

Support is included in the membership package of our plugin so you don't have to pay anything for receiving support regarding WPML issues that you are experiencing on your site.

However, from what I can see in the screenshot that you sent in the last reply, the issue is with the "WP Bakery Builder" plugin that needs to be updated to a newer version for the theme that you are using (WPML seems to be installed correctly).

That is not part of the support work that we do here but I am more than happy to share with you a few documentation links that can show you how you can update the WP Bakery plugin.

- hidden link
- hidden link
- hidden link

If the WP Bakery plugin came as part of the theme pack that you bought and installed on the site, my suggestion is that you check if there is a theme update available or, even better, I suggest that you get in touch with the theme developers.

I hope that you will find the information above helpful and please let me know if you still have questions regarding this topic. 🙂

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

August 15, 2019 at 1:35 pm #4401131

williamT-12

Hi Mihai

Thanks for your help so far.

I have discussed with my boss with regards to WPML plugin and on top of that I have also spoke to my developer, the WP Barkey is not causing the mis-alignment and for whatever reason, it is not able to update to the next higher version.

My boss have decided and told me to stop using WPML.

I am writing to you to terminate WPML and would appreciate if you could direct me to the page to seek a refund.

Thanks

August 16, 2019 at 2:58 pm #4407169

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for the update.

Please contact hello@wpml.org and they will be able to help you with the refund process - here it is just the technical support forum.

Also, can you please mark this ticket as resolved?

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei