This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: User was not able to tranlate a custom field for portfolios. Solution: the portfolio link is stored as a custom field "_dt_project_options_link", and is set to "copy" which will copy the value from primary language to translated portfolio. See attached images. Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-custom-fields/

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by miikkaJ 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
May 6, 2019 at 4:07 pm

miikkaJ

Hi!

I have used WPML to translate my website I made with The7 theme. I asked about this problem from the Dream-Theme support but they said that I should contact you. "Contact WPML support they are happy to help."

I have encountered a problem with the translation links of Portfolio pages.

In the portfolio settings I have selected the Project link to be external:
hidden link

I added new translated link to one of the Portfolio pages:
hidden link

When I update the page settings, the old link is back:
hidden link

How can I get the new translated link to be in place after updating the page settings?

Thanks in advance!

May 6, 2019 at 5:42 pm #3751509

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

I think that the portfolio link is stored as a custom field "_dt_project_options_link", and is set to "copy" which will copy the value from primary language to translated portfolio. See attached images.

Please follow our article on how to translate custom fields.
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-custom-fields/

Or you can set it on per portfolio level by clicking on the "show system fields" link. See the attached image.

I hope this answers your question, Let me know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,
Jamal

May 6, 2019 at 6:13 pm #3751959

miikkaJ

Wow! What a great response and so fast! Thanks a lot Jamal!

I upload an image here that will be helpful if anyone else is having this same problem in the future.

May 6, 2019 at 6:14 pm #3751989

miikkaJ

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!