This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
March 29, 2019 at 3:44 pm

Alex

We have a Micro widgets issue with the7 professional theme. We contacted their support. Here are the details:

1) the child theme configuration is not showing in the string translation

2) using string translations we cannot translate using WPML. we don't know which domain to select under "select strings with domain" – especially the microwidget in the header near the logo. How can we translate the microwidgets?

Recommendation from The7 support:
Did you follow this option: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/ If you’re using child theme and it din’t work means, please follow this method: hidden link

Answer:

We can`t get the microwidget translation to work yet.

See screenshots:
hidden link

1) the original wpml-config in the dt-the7 core folder:
wpml-config-original-1.png

2) we changed this to the child-theme name:
wpml-config-original-2.png

3) This screen is of the search microwidget with the caption string “search123:”
search-micowidget.PNG:

4) screen of the string translation page where we searched for the string “search123” with no results:
string-translation-search.png

The7 Support reply:
Please follow this method, hidden link

Backend translation: hidden link
Frontend: hidden link

This is done in the Parent theme, it works just fine, so please follow the kb article correctly and check again, make sure you give the child theme name correctly, and also try disable and enable the WPML plugins just like the kb article says.

it doesn`t work with the child theme.

I use your predefined childtheme with the name “the7dtchild”.

I have replaced the wpml-config file from child theme with that from parent theme!
I have changed the name in the parentstheme from the7 to the7dtchild
i have reactivated wpml and all related plugins

no variation of them helped

i see alway only the
admin_texts_the7 [the7]header-elements-search-caption

as example but with the usual string "search"

i have changed that in the child-theme to "search123" but can`t see it

[the7]header-elements-search-caption
that`s also the parenttheme domain

i should see[the7dtchild]header-elements-search-caption

can you fix it?

I think there might be some setting we missed in the WPML, our theme is in the compatible list of WPML, so I suggest you to contact the plugin’s support, they are happy to help you with this issue.

The child theme files is correct, for some reason, wpml do not see config. Can you please contact WPML support about this issue? They know which settings needs to tweak.

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

March 30, 2019 at 7:17 pm #3499169

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

1.- I have added the strings within the child theme using the option in WPML -> Settings -> Custom XML Configuration. You can read more about it in this link: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/

Could you tell me if now you are able to translate the microwidgets?

2.- Please provide the debug information of the site. In this link you will find the steps to follow: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Kind regards,
Carlos