This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
July 5, 2019 at 11:10 am

leeG-2

I am trying to: save a background image in the header on some pages, however, when choosing the image and updateing the page, the image dissapears in the backend and does not show front end either. But only when WPML is activated.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: a chosen image

Instead, I got: nothing, when WPML is activated.

July 5, 2019 at 6:07 pm #4153347

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I took a detailed look in your website and could confirm the issue. Here are the results of my investigations:

1 - The issue only happens for existing pages, not replicable in newly created pages as you can confirm it at: hidden link

2 - There's a kind of cache behavior for the existing page header settings, no changes are saved on the page update action.

Is there are any sort of server side cache you could disable for test purposes? Can you please run a plugin troubleshooting instead of disabling just WPML? In this case you can disable all the plugins except WPML and those directly related with your theme such as page builders, theme addons and so on.

IMPORTANT: Please, note, a backup is required for security reasons and to avoid any data loss, you can use the https://wordpress.org/plugins/backupwordpress/ plugin for these backup needs.

Please, let me know the results, have a nice day.