This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
October 10, 2018 at 6:20 pm #2805406

hmjH

I am trying to: Update my front page by adding a category shortcode in the backend using wp bakery

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: Please see attached image

I expected to see: Being logged in to the Danish site and editing the homepage in Danish I expect the categoty shortcode to be in Danish - instead it is in French. (The same shortcode was working fine before and it still works fine on French and English website - it picks the correct language)

The result on front end is as expected: shortcode displays in wrong language

Could you maybe see something in the debug code that reveals the problem?

Thank you

October 10, 2018 at 6:38 pm #2805440

hmjH

hello again
Problem solved. It turned out the issue was due to the plugin that I installed today by the name of Custom Taxonomy Order - recommended by the theme, so I can change the order of items in search drop down lists.

Have you by any chance heard of similar issues with the same plugin and do you know a workaround?

Thank you

October 11, 2018 at 4:05 pm #2809072

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I couldn't find tickets related to this plugin, so probably there are some compatibility issues.

I can try to escalate it to the Compatibility team but I cannot tell you if and when it will possible to find a fix for it.

The topic ‘[Closed] Theme Category shortcode display wrong language both backend and front end’ is closed to new replies.