This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 6.03 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Julian 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
July 31, 2019 at 2:20 pm #4315229

Julian

I am trying to: Attach product to a category

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: hidden link

Instead, I got on the translated page: hidden link

Something is not working correctly with the taxonomies, Tours in the page are working fine in the default language (English) but not working with the Translated Taxonomy (Czech), so the translated category page is not showing the Tours.

Thanks

July 31, 2019 at 4:33 pm #4316811

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thanks for your patience while I continued troubleshooting.

I found that the translated tours were not assigned to the correct city, so they weren't displaying. This is because when the taxonomy was translated, it was not copying the parent "costa rica" and instead had no parent.

To resolve this, go to WPML -> Taxonomy Translation and select locations. Then, click Heriarchy Synchronization and run the sync. This will set the child taxonomy as the cities instead of its own country. Then, update the tour (you only need to do this for tours created prior to the sync) and update the translation. Now the tours should display in each language.

Here is my example:
hidden link

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

July 31, 2019 at 6:43 pm #4317283

Julian

Hello Lauren,

Followed the steps mentioned, however when I get into the Hierarchy Synchronization page, there is not "Sync" button, what I see is this message: The taxonomy hierarchy is already synchronized.

And nothing happens. Any other approach?

Thanks

July 31, 2019 at 7:46 pm #4317453

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

I updated the translation Přírodní park Corcovado and now I see it listed. Did you also update the translations?
See here: hidden link

August 1, 2019 at 2:32 pm #4322769

Julian

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!